This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2011 1:21 PM by 634951 RSS

Template for additional language not working, always displays English templ

634951 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

We have an Oracle implementation in Spain. I already have BI Publisher setup for printing a pdf for a report in English and I added an additional rtf template in the BI Publisher Administration responsibility and set the language to Spanish/Spain. I cannot get the spanish version to print. I select the Spanish language on the login page and I can see the application is in Spanish but when I run the report I still get the default English pdf. Is there something else I need to do or maybe something wrong with how our Spanish language install is setup? Please give me some suggestions of what I need to check or let me know if I missed something.

Thank you,

David.
  • 1. Re: Template for additional language not working, always displays English templ
    680157 Newbie
    Hi, for oracle, you have 2 templates and language doesn't matter there. You should look at creating a "translation file" for the english template.
    1 - Under XML Publisher Respon
    2 - Template
    3 - Query your template
    4 - under "Update" button, transalatable file, choose you template and apply
    5 - back on the template page, you should see 2 news buttons (Export Translation, Upload Translations).
    6 - Click on Export, save file.
    7 - This file will include all the text label in the template.
    8 - Open it, change Target language
    9 - Change the text in <target> element for spanish wording.
    10 - Once completed, Upload you translation file thru "Upload translations" button.
    12 - Login the right language, generate your report and see the results..
  • 2. Re: Template for additional language not working, always displays English templ
    634951 Newbie
    I don't want to create a translation file. I already have a Spanish rtf template that I have created and I want that template to be applied when I run the request loggen in as Spanish language. The Spanish template is formatted and looks different than the English template so I can't just translate the labels. I will be creating French and Danish versions with different templates as well and wont each template to be applied based on what language the user selects when they log in. Does this functionality work?
  • 3. Re: Template for additional language not working, always displays English templ
    524753 Guru
    You need to follow the naming convention for each region.

template_en_US
    template_en_ES
    template_da_DA
    template_fi_FI

at run-time, the language specific template will be picked up based on user Lang setting

For more details, look at the Oracle apps document
  • 4. Re: Template for additional language not working, always displays English templ
    634951 Newbie
    I tried to use the region naming convention for the file name but that didn't work either. My file name is Invoice_es_ES.rtf for Spanish language, Spain location. The template is alse setup with Spanish/Spain. You mentioned this is based on the user language setting as well. I am in the US and my language is set to English. I tried setting my ICX: Language value to Spanish but that didn't help. Are there other user settings required for this?
  • 5. Re: Template for additional language not working, always displays English templ
    634951 Newbie
    My next test was I set my ICX: Language and ICX:Territory user profiles to Spanish and Spain. I logged back in choosing the Spanish language and ran my request. When I run the request I can see in the Options for layout the my location settings are Español: España and language is Español but when I run the request and look at the details of the request my location values have changed back to Inglés: Estados Unidos and AMERICAN and the default English template is still printing. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points