3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 4:19 AM by Sakthi RSS

Gantt chart shows only 1 colour

siegwin.port
      Hi,
      I built a gannt chart using dynamicXML built from PL/SQL. This chart shows only 1 colour (blue) even if I try to change the colours.
      There is an example (with fixed values) on my workspace POS_SCHULUNG user demo/demo and the application 56754 page 4
      What did I wrong?
      Please help me, it is very urgent.

Regrads
      Siegwin
        • 1. Re: Gantt chart shows only 1 colour
          Hilary
          Hi Siegwin,

Although the data section of your generated chart XML contains references to styles, such as CadetBlue2, yellow, etc, you haven't actually defined those styles within the <period_styles> tags of the XML. Therefore, the chart will apply the default blue colour to each timeline of the chart. You'll see that there's a default style called defaultStyle already generated for you in the XML i.e.
          <period_style name="defaultStyle">
          What you need to do is create your own styles, mirroring the defaultStyle example, in order to apply other colours to your gantt chart. I've updated your XML to include a new yellow style, so you can see that one of the elements of the chart now picks up that colour.

My sample chart, Resource Gantt with Custom Styles, should hopefully help to explain what you need to do in order to apply custom colours to your chart: http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=36648:60

I hope this helps.

Regards,
          Hilary
          • 2. Re: Gantt chart shows only 1 colour
            siegwin.port
            Hi Hilary,
            thak you very much. Nor it works fine.
            I'll remove the user DEMO

Regards,
            Siegwin
            • 3. Re: Gantt chart shows only 1 colour
              Sakthi
              Hi Hilary,

Am working on this gantt chart and looking for the similar solution.

Am able to look at the link provided by you, http://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=36648:60:

In that link, am not able to view the xml given in Step 6 and Step 9, i understand that this xml is going to change the styles to adopt multiple colors to our gantt chart.

It would be helpful if you share this xml part with us for more clarity.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
              Sakthi.