9 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 9:48 AM by 693166 RSS

Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator

Hi,

I have a requirement of displaying a external HTML content as Iframe in the Oracle configurator.

For this, I have created a Raw Text (as suggested in developer guide), but when I give text expression containing world IFrame, it gives below error:

The following input contained illegal input value, please re-enter your input or contact the system administrator:

Please let me know how to overcome this problem.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
          Pankaj
          Following text expression works for me
          <iframe src="http://www.yahoo.com" width="100%" height="300"/>

What is your expression? Which build are you on?
          • 2. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
            Hi Pankaj,

I tried the same as you have mentioned and got below error message:

The following input contained illegal input value, please re-enter your input or contact the system administrator: < i f r a m e s r c = " h t t p : / / w w w . y a h o o . c o m " w i d t h = " 1 0 0 % " h e i g h t = " 3 0 0 " / >

I am working on Oracle Configurator 12.1.3

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
              Pankaj
              Looks like not supported in 12.1.3. Will update if I get something.
              • 4. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
                Hi Pankaj ,

iframe is working fine for me with rawtext ,

how to get out of iframe to parent url ,

Thanks
                Raju
                • 5. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
                  Kaushal Bhati
                  hi raju

i have used iframe,but i have used as page renderer in the configurator page.using the java extension.
                  • 6. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
                    Pankaj
                    What you want to do by getting parent URL? Do you want to refresh the page?
                    • 7. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
                      Eogan
                      I have encountered this often in the past, and have had success in working around it by splitting the tag across two Raw Text elements.

Eogan
                      • 8. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
                        murali pothuboyina
                        No need to split the Raw Text into two Raw Texts.

When the profile option Restrict text input (FND_RESTRICT_INPUT) is set to
                        Yes at the Site level, OA Framework scans for and throws an exception page in
                        case user enters one of the following tags:
                        script, form, applet, object, embed, img, iframe, meta.
                        To allow the above html/script tags in text field, Please set the "Restrict
                        text input" value to "No" at site level. OA Framework does not scan for any
                        script/html tags for CSS injections in the text field, if "No" is set for
                        above profile.
                        Once you set the profile to "No" at site level, bounce the server and test
                        it.

The above mentioned solution (setting to No) is only a workaround and should
                        be used for temporary purpose. Once the raw text is created with img tag, you
                        need to set the profile value to 'Yes' and bounce the server because of the security reasons

The Benefit of setting this profile is that it provides a filter against XSS (Cross site scripting)
                        and Other HTML Injection attacks.
                        • 9. Re: Raw Text for IFrame in Configurator
                          Hi,

I have tried setting the profile option Restrict text input to N at site level but stiill I am getting the same error The following input contained illegal input value, please re-enter your input or contact the system administrator: < i m g s r c = " h t t p s : / / o n l i n e s t o r e . s o u t h e r n l i n c . c o m / i m a g e s / p r o d u c t s / 1 5 7 4 _ M O T O - N 2 7 5 5 - 0 0 _ l g . p n g ">
                          I too bounced the server.

Any ideas what may be the reason for this?