3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 6:21 AM by TonyScalese

limit "Delete all" to only one mapping

Hi all,

In Activities-> Maps, when I click on "Delete All" for explicit mapping, it automatically deleting all the other mappings (LIKE, IN mappings). Can anyone tell me how to restrict this "Delete All" option to perticular mapping (either LIKE, or EXPLICIT or IN or Between).

Also, how can I select all the rows in the uploaded mapping table at a time ?

Thanks in advance,
      Lisa
        • 1. Re: limit "Delete all" to only one mapping
          SH_INT
          Hi Lisa, what you are experiencing is out of the box functionality. All of the mappings are stored in the same underlying table grouped and uniquely identified by Location ID and Dimension. The web interface splits them in to groupings on seperate pages for readabilty only i.e. it will not limit what is deleted. In order to do a selective delete you would havve to write some custom sql to do a selective delete. I don't advise doing this so a better alternative would be to do the following:

1) Export the mappings you want to selectively bulk delete to excel
          2) Delete the mappings you want to remove from the Excel template
          3) In the web interface 'Delete All'
          4) Import the updated Excel template which has the selected mppings removed.

Not sure what you mean by selecting all the rows, but you won't be able to do this via the web interface
          • 2. Re: limit "Delete all" to only one mapping
            Thank you SH,

My second question is, I want to select multiple rows at a time in the uploaded mapping table in Explicit type mapping.

To say clearly, I imported a mapping table to FDM. Now, I want to select multiple rows in the table and delete them at a time istead deleting one by one. How can we do that...? I tried by using Cntrl, shift keys, but no use :(

Thanks
            LISA :)

Edited by: 888755 on Nov 9, 2011 10:18 PM

Edited by: 888755 on Nov 9, 2011 10:19 PM
            • 3. Re: limit "Delete all" to only one mapping
              TonyScalese
              You can't. The only thing you can do is flag multiple rows for deletion and then click Update Grid