1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2011 12:22 PM by PranitSaha

data conversion for new sob

Dear Viewers

on 11.5.10

We are creating a new SOB with a change in currency from Feb-11 as this is the requirement
      For the same, we need to do data conversion.
      I have a confusion for Purchase Orders and Sales Orders

Purchase Orders:
      Open purchase orders will be converted, means the unfulfilled PO`s i.e the ones not received and are fully open.
      The PO`s which have been recieved but not delivered, Requested the users to clear the intransit receipts.
      The PO's which are partially received, what to be done for them?

If a PO is fully received and Delivered will not me converted to the new SOB as its not an open PO
      but If invoice comes after Feb-11, than how the matching will be done?
      What if a return has to be made moving forward in FEB-11 under new SOB

Sales Orders:
      Open sales orders will be converted, that is the ones that have been entered and not yet booked.
      Users have been requested to clear off the Sales order lines which are already pick confirmed but not yet shipped, hence they will be shipped and interfaced to AR
      For the Sales orders that have been booked, those lines that are not yet processed further will also be converted.

Now what if a receipt comes after feb 11, how to handle this as the sales order wiould not have been converted?

Please give your advise on the data migration strategy for PO`s and SO's.
      Please do add any point that may have been missed by me

Appreciate your help

Thanks

Emm
        • 1. Re: data conversion for new sob
          PranitSaha
          emm wrote:
          Purchase Orders:
          Open purchase orders will be converted, means the unfulfilled PO`s i.e the ones not received and are fully open.
          The PO`s which have been recieved but not delivered, Requested the users to clear the intransit receipts.
          The PO's which are partially received, what to be done for them?

If a PO is fully received and Delivered will not me converted to the new SOB as its not an open PO
          but If invoice comes after Feb-11, than how the matching will be done?
          <br>Business needs to take a decision whether they are fine with matching the POs manually (i.e. referring the documents and verify), in this case you may capture the PO information in a DFF in the Invoice distribution. Otherwise if it has to be converted identifying the POs under this scenario, you may consider converting those maintaining receipt close tolerance as 100% and matching type as 2 -way (again business approval needed to handle audit issues) in order to avoid the receipts/delivery conversion etc.<br>
          What if a return has to be made moving forward in FEB-11 under new SOB
          <br>Ideally returns can be done using Miscellaneous/Account Alias Issues specifying the appropriate transaction reasons to clarify the scenario.<br>