This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Thanks for the reply. I log in to SS and go to Native Directory and search users. When I right-click on the user (admin) I see nothing that allows me to change its password. Would you describe the process you are talking about, please? I see no edit option, just properties and provision.
Thanks, but that only works if you know the current password. It asks for the current password before letting you change it. I opened an SR and got the following.
1. Using the database administration Console, change the password of the user account that was used to
configure the Shared Services database.
2. Stop all the EPM System Web applications and services and processes.
3. Start EPM System Configurator, and under the Foundation tasks--> select Configure Database.
4. On the "Shared Services and Registry Database Configuration" page, select Connect to a previously configured Shared Services database.
5. Keep the existing database and user, then enter the new password.
6. Continue the configuration, and click Finish when you are done.
7. Restart the Web applications and services and processes.
Thanks to all who replied.
We've had a similar problem - actually we used LCM from another server (of the same version) to migrate all the user information but this failed and we cannot log in with any user. From the logs it looks like it fails to decrypt the passwords properly, including the admin one (since admin existed on the old server).
We tried the steps that you got from an SR but this does not prompt for the shared services password.
Does anyone have any ideas to fix this or is it a re-install?
Login to your database with the user/password that is the owner of the shared services repository.
Run the following SQL command in Oracle SQL Developer or equivalent tool user by your Relational Database System.