5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 10:17 AM by fiammdin

Upload to Phase 2 of HFM when Phase 1 is closed

fiammdin
      Hi everyone,

Im facing a challange, that im struggeling with.

User is creating one file, containing information about IC and normal BS and PL.
      The IC Information is send 4 days earlier as the remaining informations.

After the first upload the phase in HFM is closed,

now after some days the updated flat file is uploaded containing the same ic informations. These does not need to be uploaded again, but the remaining informations.

But the intersection validation report tells me taht the IC informations cant be uploaded.

the intersection validation report should not be deactivated.

thx a lot to everyone for his help
        • 1. Re: Upload to Phase 2 of HFM when Phase 1 is closed
          JeffJon
          I'm not clear on what the issue is here. Are you trying to validate the source file and the ICP Map is showing as invalid?
          • 2. Re: Upload to Phase 2 of HFM when Phase 1 is closed
            fiammdin
            Hi,

Sorry if i wasnt that clear.

Imagin:

First day of month user needs to upload trough fdm his ICP informations to HFM. He uses an BS & PL flatfile from his sourcesystem. After upload he puts his entity from Phase 1 to Phase 2. Like that all the IC Accounts are locked for that period.

Second day, now the other non IC informations are required in HFM. User now uploads again the same FLatFile as yesterday but with updateted non icp informations (Remember, HFM has the IC Accounts on Phase 2) now as the Flat File contains the same ICP informations as on the first day he tries to upload them as well, but because HFM is on this IC Accounts on phase 2 the calues cant be loaded and im getting a Intersection Validation Report on this IC Accounts, telling me that i do not have the rights to upload them.

So, what i am looking for is, how to build the workaround to pass by the IC Account information on the second day without creating a separate locatin that uploads just the non IC informations.

Cheers and thanks for your support.
            • 3. Re: Upload to Phase 2 of HFM when Phase 1 is closed
              JeffJon
              There would not be a out of the box solution for this. It would require something custom, however if the accounts are locked in HFM, you are not going to be able to load to them. You could disable the intersection check report, but the load will fail to HFM.
              • 4. Re: Upload to Phase 2 of HFM when Phase 1 is closed
                SH_INT
                This solution is dependent on what you use as a source value for your ICP dimension. Create a different FDM category for each phase. On the import format for the location in question put a script against the ICP dimension source value and overide the Source value with Ignore for datalines that pass an ICP value for category Phase2 or just return the original source for Phase1. Alternatively if you have limited mapping on your ICP dimension you could possibly relocate this logic to a mapping script.
                • 5. Re: Upload to Phase 2 of HFM when Phase 1 is closed
                  fiammdin
                  Ciao,

Well i think it is the easiest way to handle it.

I will create an second FDM Category, and retrieve during the Mapping in condition of the Category the Target Informations of the Account from the HFM Database.

Like that i will say, if the Target Account is ICP then you need to be set on IGNORE if you are uploading in the FDM Category of Phase 2.

thanks a lot to all of you.