This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 10, 2011 10:41 PM by kgronau RSS

Linking Access tables, creating a query with using both Access and Oracle

874760 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I am using 3.0.04.34 version Oracle Developer. I am supposed to create a script/procedure to use both Access tables and oracle tables together. There is an option in developer to copy the access tables into oracle. But it doesn't help me. Because when we updated the access tables
the copied ones are not be updated. How can I created a linked access tables to oracle and create a query with using both access and oracle table together.

I will appreciate if you guys help me. I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks,
Pinar
  • 1. Re: Linking Access tables, creating a query with using both Access and Oracle
    kgronau Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Pinar,
    to be able to query MS Access tables in Oracle you need an additional product, the Oracle Database Gateway for ODBC. It allows you to link any foreign database into an Oracle database using a suitable ODBC driver. You can then access the MS Access tables through a database link based on the Database Gateway for ODBC. This will also allow you to join local Oracle and remote MS Access tables from your Oracle database.

There's a note on My Oracle Support which gives you more details:Document 233876.1 Options for Connecting to Foreign Data Stores and Non-Oracle Databases - For example - DB2, SQL*Server, Sybase, Informix, Teradata, MySQL

And there's also a dedicated Forum: Heterogeneous Connectivity

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points