This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2011 9:09 PM by 900018 RSS

SUn Ultra 27 new HDD not seen in BIOS

900018 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have a new Sun Ultra 27 that came with one SATA HDD. I added another HDD in the HDD 1 slot but the BIOS is not seeing it. It is only seeing the HDD in slot HDD 0 that came with the computer. How do I get the BIOS to see the new HDD? If I place the new HDD in HDD 0 and the original drive in HDD 1 it will see the "new" HDD in HDD 0 but not the old HDD in HDD 1 so I know it is not the HDD that is at fault. I need to see both HDD's.
  • 1. Re: SUn Ultra 27 new HDD not seen in BIOS
    Nik Expert
    Hi.
    Please say what models every disk.
    This system do not support mix SATA and SAS HDD.

What show when you insert one disk as HDD1 or HDD2 ?

Check SAS cables that connect DISK Backplane and MotherBoard.

Regards.
  • 2. Re: SUn Ultra 27 new HDD not seen in BIOS
    900018 Newbie
    The HDD-0 drive is a Hitachi UltraStar Model HUA7250SBSUN500G and the HDD-1 drive is a Hitachi DeskStar HDS725050KLA360. Both drives can be seen by the BIOS if they are in the HDD-0 slot but no drives can be seen in the HDD-1 slot. Both drives are SATA not SAS. There is no SAS system installed in this Ultra 27. If I put the Hitachi UltraStar Model HUA7250SBSUN500G in the HD-1 slot it is not recognized in the BIOS. If I put the Hitachi DeskStar HDS725050KLA360 in the HDD-0 slot it is recognized by the BIOS. The problem is that the BIOS is not recognizing any hard drive in slot HDD-1.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points