2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2011 5:59 AM by fatehcis-JavaNet

if I have old APEX service in Win 7, apxldimg.sql does not work

fatehcis-JavaNet
      Hi Udo,

I just want to tell you this:
      I already have Oracle 10g XE with Apex 4.0. Where I created a service using nssm ..... - As you taught me previously....
      I uninstalled oracle 10g XE ( deleted the registry entries & deleted the folder on C:\ )
      Installed Oracle 11g XE
      Upgrade to APEX 4.1
      When I tried to load the images, i always got error ( Sorry I forgot the error )
      I could not load the images till I deleted the OLD services from the windows

I hope it was clear, and it is just for your info...

Regards,
        • 1. Re: if I have old APEX service in Win 7, apxldimg.sql does not work
          Udo
          Hi Fateh,
          When I tried to load the images, i always got error ( Sorry I forgot the error )
          Hmm, that error message would have been really helpful to get a clue what might have caused the problem here.
          Anyway, note that you don't have to load the images into the database when you use APEX Listener. Or do you mean you tried to copy the new images to the previously used images location for APEX Listener?
          In that case, the error might indicate some write lock, but the APEX Listener itself doesn't claim any lock on that directoy and I'd wonder if nssm did that... Either way it would have been sufficient to just stop that service instead of deleting it.
          I could not load the images till I deleted the OLD services from the windows
          OR do you mean you had to delete old ORACLE services from windows? In that case, something went wrong during uninstall...

-Udo

P.S.: You can choose a different kind of post if you don't want it to be a question. Unfortunately, you cannot change this anymore. So, if you don't search for a solution for that issue, please mark this thread as answered.
          Thanks!
          • 2. Re: if I have old APEX service in Win 7, apxldimg.sql does not work
            fatehcis-JavaNet
            Thanks for the clarification ....