3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 3:40 PM by Frank.Hampshire-Oracle RSS

Form Post Parameters instead of Querystring to OPA

We are implementing Siebel with OPA and currently have a Symbolic URL that performs a "IFrame" disposition call to OPA by tacking parameters at the end of the OPA URL. This has caused the OPA session to be within the Siebel Frame which is fine as it works correctly.

However, the desire of the customer is to pop open an independent window for OPA. The best recommendation is to use Symbolic URLs, and Siebel Tech Support suggested using Form Redirect disposition. However, when we use that, it seems that the parameters passed to OPA are not received by OPA correctly, possibly, because instead of Querystring, the parameters are going in as Form name/value.

Is there a setting in OPA that can be changed to accept the parameters passed in as a Form rather than QueryString?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Form Post Parameters instead of Querystring to OPA
          Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
          Unfortunately there is no way to do this by changing settings within Web Determinations or Siebel.

The only way to do this would be to build a redirect applet that could take the parameters from siebel construct the caseID and then redirect to web determinations.

Here is an example as to how you might do it:

change the symbolic url so that it sends the following

http://server.com/my-redirect-servlet/startsession/myrulebase?objectId=[siebelobjectid]&mappingName=[mappingName]&UserId=[userId]&savedsessionId=[sessionid]

The servlet "my-redirect-servlet" would take the arguments received and redirect to siebel-web-determinations with a properly encoded caseID.
          • 2. Re: Form Post Parameters instead of Querystring to OPA
            Hi Frank,

We have the same problem of the last opened pick/mvg applet being shown when WD window is opened. Could you please explain in detail how we can overcome this. As per my understanding we need to use "Form Redirect" instead on "IFrame". What should be the value in the symbolic url for "Form Redirect"?

Also do need to create a servlet to handle the request and pass it to WD url? Could you plesae provide me sample code?

Thanks & Regards,
            Subhradeep
            • 3. Re: Form Post Parameters instead of Querystring to OPA
              Frank.Hampshire-Oracle
              SG wrote:
              Hi Frank,

We have the same problem of the last opened pick/mvg applet being shown when WD window is opened. Could you please explain in detail how we can overcome this. As per my understanding we need to use "Form Redirect" instead on "IFrame". What should be the value in the symbolic url for "Form Redirect"?

Also do need to create a servlet to handle the request and pass it to WD url? Could you plesae provide me sample code?

Thanks & Regards,
              Subhradeep
              Subhradeep,

The bug where previous dialogs are shown when an iframe is created is a pure Siebel bug, I don't know of any workaround for removing the previious dialogs when creating a new Iframe.

This original post is a year old and its a little out of date. If you are using OPA Connector for Siebel 10.4, instead of passing the 4 parameters as a single string, you can pass a single preseedID (which can be escaped properly) in the case of preseeding. For more information on this, see Understand the Web Determinations URL in the Oracle Policy Automation Connector for Siebel Developer Help http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/E36320_01/toc.htm

Edited by: frank.hampshire on Dec 12, 2012 8:38 AM