2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2013 12:58 AM by 901211 RSS

ODI-40406: Bytes are too big for array

I am getting the following error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ODI-40406: Bytes are too big for array
      I am trying to a file to file mapping and all of my columns match in size. Does anyone have any ideas what this problem could be? I am getting an error when it tries to perform an integration step while trying to create the target table. I am assuming it is something wrong with one of my datastores

Edited by: 897642 on Nov 16, 2011 5:19 PM
        • 1. Re: ODI-40406: Bytes are too big for array
          Bhabani Ranjan
          HI can you please give the code generated in thar error step.you just execute that sql code generated in toad or sqldeveloper see what error you are getting.
          I will consider your logical schema for source and target datstore working fine.
          Thanks.
          • 2. Re: ODI-40406: Bytes are too big for array

There is a possibility of mismatch of datatype, that can cause the problem.

Say in ODI model, you have defined a 'Date type' field to be stored as 'String' however at the time of mapping in 'Interface', no conversion happens (from date to string)  for this particular object. This causes the problem.

The original query remains valid at DB side (fires for datetype) however fails while integrating. Therefore the best way would be to apply conversion for that particular field (in this case, use TO_CHAR(Date type,'Desired Date Format').