This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2011 4:13 PM by Kevin Pinsky RSS

SOA server is always looked for on local instead of cluster

Kevin Pinsky Guru
Currently Being Moderated
I have an Oracle Identity Manager 11g installation, which requires a SOA server installation. For my configuration, i have the following:

OIM Cluster: oim_cluster
SOA Cluster: soa_cluster

Server1
-Administrative Server
-oim_server1 (oim_cluster)
-soa_server2 (soa_cluster)
Server2
-oim_server2 (oim_cluster)
-soa_server2 (soa_cluster)

Due to the need for so much memory, my preference during development would be to run oim_server1 and soa_server2. However, whenever the oim_server1 tries to reach the SOA instance, it always says:

<Nov 16, 2011 4:35:39 PM EST> <Error> <oracle.iam.tasklist.agentry.task> <BEA-000000> < javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: t3://SERVER1.mydomain.com,SERVER1.mydomain.com:8001/soa-infra: Destination unreachable; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; No available router to destination]>

How do i configure the cluster to know that it should be looking for the address t3://SERVER1.mydomain.com:8001/soa-infra,SERVER2.mydomain.com:8001/soa-infra ?

I tried configuring the cluster with comma separated address, but did not have any luck, it still always looks for the local address? Is this a configuration available in WebLogic, or do you think it's hard coded into the OIM application to always look for local?

Thanks,
Kevin

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points