5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2011 8:00 AM by user11303545

Closing Requisition Linked to PO

user11303545
      Experts,

I would like to know if there is any setup or other methods to automatically closed Requisitions when the purchase order is closed.

Thanks In Advance,

Shilpa.
        • 1. Re: Closing Requisition Linked to PO
          hi shilpa,

we have an option in "purchasing options" i.e Cancel Requisitions

navigation: setup>organizations>purchasing options

The Cancel Requisitions options apply only to requisitions from which purchase orders were autocreated. Select one of the following:

Always: When canceling the purchase order, Purchasing also cancels the requisition.

Never: When canceling the purchase order, Purchasing does not cancel the requisition, so it is again available for inclusion on a purchase order.

Optional: When canceling the purchase order, you are given the option to cancel the requisition

regards,
          sri
          • 2. Re: Closing Requisition Linked to PO
            user11303545
            Hi Sri,

Thanks for your reply. This option will cancel the requisition when PO is cancelled. In our case PO is fully received and Closed but the associated requisition remains open. Is there any way we can close the requisition when PO is closed.

Thanks,
            Shilpa.
            • 3. Re: Closing Requisition Linked to PO
              Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
              Shilpa, does it happen for all requisitions or some requisitions? Typical Oracle functionality is that when a Req is converted into a PO, the requisition is closed. Did you create the PO manually instead of creating from the req?

Hope this helps,
              Sandeep Gandhi
              • 4. Re: Closing Requisition Linked to PO
                hi shilpa,

when u open PO header form (N)>tools> controls-

we had an option "cancel requisition" .check this when u take option as "close PO" . we close the PO from control document form

regards,
                sri

Edited by: 898247 on Nov 23, 2011 11:16 PM
                • 5. Re: Closing Requisition Linked to PO
                  user11303545
                  Thanks Sri. But we wanted to close the requisition and not cancel.

Sandeep, I checked this in the system yesterday by Autocreating PO from the Requisition using Automatic method. Requisition status remains as 'Approved' and not changed to Closed. Am i missing something ?

Thanks,
                  Shilpa.