3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 7:06 PM by Udo

Resource Templates: Internal Server Error on Create

Hi,

I've got a problem with the Resource Templates.
      My ApEx-Listener runs in stand-alone-mode (and for testing purposes also in tomcat, but on a different port) - Database-connection to an XE 11g-DB is configured.
      When I try to create a Resource Template (following the example in the documentation), I always get an "Internal Server Error", showed up in a MessageBox with no further details :(

Is there anything I could have forgotten at configuration?

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: Resource Templates: Internal Server Error on Create
          Udo
          Hi,

could you please provide some additional information:
          - APEX Listener version
          - OS version
          - JDK version
          - console output of the APEX Listener for the 500 error (or even from startup)

If you can reproduce the error on the tomcat, the console output would be in your catalina out.

Since you didn't say how you've configured your APEX Listener exactly, it's hard to tell whether you've forgotten something. ;)

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Resource Templates: Internal Server Error on Create
            Hi Udo,

thanks for your answer - I should have provided more detailed information on the initial post ;)
            ApEx Listener: 1.1.3
            JDK: 1.6.0_18-b18 (Sun/Oracle)
            Tomcat: 6.0.28

The only errors I could find were similar to those two posted here.
            Could this probably be the cause? Unregistered JDBC driver, which prevents the listener to connect to the database?

Nov 22, 2011 1:28:43 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
            SEVERE: The web application [apex] registered the JBDC driver [oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
            Nov 22, 2011 1:28:59 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap
            SEVERE: The web application [apex] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [null] (value [oracle.dbtools.rt.util.ResourceTracker$1@55104da7]) and a value of type [oracle.dbtools.rt.util.ResourceTracker.Resources] (value [oracle.dbtools.rt.util.ResourceTracker$Resources@215a3a92]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

The only "configuration" I did was deploying the ApEx-Listener-WAR file and entering the connection settings in ApEx Listener, which worked properly.
            • 3. Re: Resource Templates: Internal Server Error on Create
              Udo
              Hi,
              JDK: 1.6.0_18-b18 (Sun/Oracle)
              That could be a problem, as the required minimum is JDK 1.6.0_20.

The error output you provided are out of the catalina.out, I assume. You won't ever get this error from the APEX Listener in standalone mode. Could you provide the error you see there as well?

The APEX Listener definetly needs the JDBC driver. There may be several reasons why your Tomcat can't start the driver. One of them would be another JDBC driver registered before, e.g. in your (global) libs directory. Do you have another (Oracle) JDBC driver there? If it's one out of the 11.2 database branch, you could simply remove the corresponding jar-file from the apex.war and redeploy.

Either way, as I said before, this is not the cause for any error in Standalone Mode, so it would be interesting to know what kind of error you see there.

-Udo