7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2012 3:06 PM by user166758

Migrate from Hyperion 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility

Ross
      Dear All,

I have successfully exported the BI + artifacts in Hyperion 9.3.1 by using LCM Utility..I have got a listing.xml file and also a LCM folder having info and resource in the directory.

My question is that how can i import the extracted object from 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility??Where i can create the ImportPackage.xml file??Please let me know the procedure to import into Hyperion 11.1.2.1..

Revert back to me as early as possible...

Regards

Rahul R
        • 1. Re: Migrate from Hyperion 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility
          Mehmet Sevinc
          Hi Rahul,

See the note for version 9.3.1 here: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/readme/ra_1112100_readme.html#_Toc288122631

"Note: If you were using Performance Management Architect Release 9.3.1, you can download the Performance Management Architect release 9.3.3 from My Oracle Support."

Check out Ranzal's blog on the usage of LCM. It is pretty useful: http://ranzal.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/using-oracles-hyperion%C2%AE-life-cycle-management/

Cheers,
          Mehmet
          • 2. Re: Migrate from Hyperion 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility
            Ross
            Thanx Mehmet,

But my question is that i ran the LCM utility through command prompt in Hyperion 9.3.1 and got successfully export all the BI+ artifacts in file system or .XML. The new LCM folder was created in C:\LCM...

I know LCM utility is not working in Hyperion Shared services 9.3.1. I just want to import that exported .xml file to Hyperion 11.1.2.1. So please let me know the procedure..How can i import it to Hyperion 11.1.2.1?

Regards

Rahul
            • 3. Re: Migrate from Hyperion 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility
              Detlev
              Hi rahul,

its 10 days after your still unanswered question. Perhaps you found an answer yourself. Please spread the word. Hopefully you found out that somehow its possible to import the 931exports into 11.1.2.1
              But I asume thats its not. But thats pure theoretical after reading lots of manuals an forum posts.
              Please proove the opposite.

Detlev
              • 4. Re: Migrate from Hyperion 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility
                kcalabro
                I wasn't aware that LCM would work at all with 9.3.1, but it sounds like a command line utility option exists. I think to get that xml imported into 11.1.2.1 you would need to create a new folder in the user projects directory where shared services 11.1.2.1 is installed and drop the xml in there. It may not be that simple, but that's at least a start. Please advise on your success here.

Best of luck,
                Kris
                1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Migrate from Hyperion 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility
                  Ross
                  Thanks Kcalabro,

I'll let you know once it will be done successfully.

Regards

Ross
                  • 6. Re: Migrate from Hyperion 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility
                    hfmfdm0520
                    I have been told you must first upgrade to 9.3.3 before you can migrate over to 11.1.2.1. Has this changed? Our 3rd party consultants are saying we must go through an entire implementation. This is also detailed in all the read me's and release compatibility matrixes. Anything you can share would be most helpful.

Kimberly
                    • 7. Re: Migrate from Hyperion 9.3.1 to 11.1.2.1 using LCM utility
                      user166758
                      Hi Kimberly,

we went through the same uncertain information.
                      We have been starting fom 9.3.0.1
                      And YES we had to make the step migrating to 11.1.1.3.
                      We only performed the schema updates.

Steps in detail:
                      ------------
                      *11.1.1.3*
                      ------------
                      Copy Application (HFM)
                      DB Schema Update 9.3.3
                      DB Schema Update 11.1.1.3
                      Export/Import HFM Security
                      Export/Import (HSS)
                      Export/Import (HFR)

------------
                      *11.1.2.1*
                      -----------
                      ORA DB Data Pump 1:1
                      Import Schema HFM and HBI
                      Copy RM1 Folder
                      Migration Utility for HFM and HFR
                      Create HSS Schema
                      Migration of HSS using LCM

We have a picture which describes it nicely. Let me know it you need it.

Regards,
                      Bernd