8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 10:36 AM by 968050 RSS

Primavera P6 session time out after login :(

user957658
      Hello,

On a fresh install of Primavera P6 (Release 8.1 (B0588) 06.08.2011.1438) with JRockit (R28.1.5-4.0.1) and Oracle 11g all appears well while logging in to the normal interface. When I try to access any of the data (click on anything) I'm immediately logged out and it claims my session is expired. The strange thing is: If i open the content in a new tab it works fine.. I've tried on multiple browsers ( Chromium, Firefox, and Internet Explorer) So I do believe this is a server-side issue. I am no Primavera pro, im just a lowly UNIX admin installing this for a friend.

Relevant logs:
      [org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter] WARN 00:14:49,980: Method execution failed:
      com.primavera.pvweb.common.document.SessionTimeoutException: Session timed out. Please login again.
      at com.primavera.pvweb.common.DWRSessionTimeoutFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
      [org.directwebremoting.dwrp.BaseCallMarshaller] WARN 00:14:49,981: --Erroring: batchId[4] message[com.primavera.pvweb.common.document.SessionTimeoutException: Session timed out. Please login again.]

Mind you this is all within 10 seconds and it works fine if i open the link in a new tab in the browser.

Any ideas guys/ladies? I'm really stuck here.
      If you need any more information please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you in advance!
        • 1. Re: Primavera P6 session time out after login :(
          user957658
          I forgot to add this is on x86-64 Oracle Linux.
          • 2. Re: Primavera P6 session time out after login :(
            user957658
            I'm enclosing some more logs if these help... Also it should be noted that some things work if i login as an admin user other than admin.. But not everything

INFO: Initializing JavaServer Faces implementation (1_2_07-b03-FCS) for context '/p6'
            no cachecleaner instance found, creating one
            no cachecleaner instance found, creating one
            <Nov 24, 2011 2:00:55 PM EST> <Warning> <Socket> <BEA-000450> <Socket 4 internal data record unavailable (probable closure due idle timeout), event received 17>

[org.directwebremoting.dwrp.BaseCallMarshaller] WARN 14:06:00,103: --Erroring: batchId[1] message[com.primavera.pvweb.common.document.SessionTimeoutException: Session timed out. Please login again.]

[org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter] WARN 14:06:02,447: Method execution failed:
            com.primavera.pvweb.common.document.SessionTimeoutException: Session timed out. Please login again.
            at com.primavera.pvweb.common.DWRSessionTimeoutFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
            at org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter$1.doFilter(DefaultRemoter.java:428)
            at org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter.execute(DefaultRemoter.java:431)
            at org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter.execute(DefaultRemoter.java:283)
            at org.directwebremoting.servlet.PlainCallHandler.handle(PlainCallHandler.java:52)
            at org.directwebremoting.servlet.UrlProcessor.handle(UrlProcessor.java:101)
            at org.directwebremoting.servlet.DwrServlet.doPost(DwrServlet.java:146)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:821)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:300)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:27)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:57)
            at com.primavera.pvweb.GZIPFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
            at com.primavera.pvweb.XSSFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
            at com.primavera.pvweb.FrontFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
            at com.primavera.pvweb.filters.ApplicationContextInjector.doFilter(Unknown Source)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestEventsFilter.doFilter(RequestEventsFilter.java:27)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3715)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3681)
            at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
            at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2277)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2183)
            at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1454)
            at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)
            at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:176)

[org.directwebremoting.impl.DefaultRemoter] WARN 14:06:02,447: Method execution failed:
            [org.directwebremoting.dwrp.BaseCallMarshaller] WARN 14:21:41,754: --Erroring: batchId[19] message[com.primavera.pvweb.common.document.SessionTimeoutException: Session timed out. Please login again.]

[org.directwebremoting.dwrp.BaseCallMarshaller] WARN 14:21:41,754: --Erroring: batchId[19] message[com.primavera.pvweb.common.document.SessionTimeoutException: Session timed out. Please login again.]
            <Nov 24, 2011 2:23:05 PM EST> <Warning> <Socket> <BEA-000450> <Socket 6 internal data record unavailable (probable closure due idle timeout), event received 17>

It just keeps saying that over and over again. What i cant figure out is why it works in a new tab and why not in teh regular browser window. I used 'Burp' to sniff the requests but theyre nearly IDENTICAL (accept for the JSessionID ofcourse)

Any help would be appreciated.. Im completely stumped
            • 3. Re: Primavera P6 session time out after login :(
              user957658
              If anyone else has this issue it's because Oracle still only supports ancient versions of Internet Explorer and no other browsers. When using an ANCIENT version of IE i was able to access the site just fine.
              Typical rubbish.
              • 4. Re: Primavera P6 session time out after login :(
                user11979755
                Hello user957658,

A colleague of mine is experiencing a similar problem (opening a Scorecard results in the message "Your session has expired") in a Primavera P6 EPPM R8.1.
                He is working with IE 7.0 and the Java Runtime Environment version 1.6.0_29.

Can you tell me which JRE version you are using?

Best regards,

RW
                • 5. Re: Primavera P6 session time out after login :(
                  user957658
                  I appologize for the lateness of this reply.

We did track this issue down to the JRE version.
                  Primavera distributes a vulnerable version of Java. So it is best to try the newest version of JRE. However, We found that even though we used the most updated version the error still happened. So what we did was: Setup a UNIX based server using NX (nomachine.org) using a confirmed working, patched and updated JRE. This way, clients just login remotely through NXclient and it opens a web browser to the primavera install. This was the only way we could get the client's setup working without using the vulnerable version of Java that Oracle distributes with Primavera for some reason..

If you have any questions feel free to email me at James @ Btcvps.NET (just remove the spaces)

James Lesbirel
                  • 6. Re: Primavera P6 session time out after login :(
                    Vimal G
                    I down graded my Java to Java Runtime Environment version 1.6.0_24 and now its working fine...

Regards,
                    Vimal G
                    • 7. Re: Primavera P6 session time out after login :(
                      user957658
                      Vimal,

It should be noted that the specific version of JRE you are using contains several security flaws and opens your system up to exploitation. You should make sure the host can not contact any outside hosts besides your Primavera install as there is a good chance Malware will be installed using your old java as the installation vector.

Oracle has a terrible security track record and them distributing a vulnerable version of Java with Primavera is completely unconscionable. Please take the proper precautions with your server.

James
                      • 8. Re: Primavera P6 session time out after login :(
                        I am having the same P6 timeout issues with P6 version 8.2-web (No service packs or hot fixes have been applied)
                        Database: Oracle 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 – 64 bit
                        JRE version 1.6.0_31
                        App Server: WebLogic 10.3.5 with Jrockit v1.6.0_24

Guessing for a solution, I increased our WebLogic settings for 'Complete Message Timeout' and 'Idle Connection Timeout' to the max, but I still get timeout errors after as few as 2 minutes. Trigger: navigating from tab to tab in P6-web app: (Projects to Portfolios)

Any help would be appreciated as this timeout is frustrating to users!

Thanks,
                        Darren