13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2012 6:41 AM by user467960 RSS

where can i download agent 12c for all platform?

ry*444811*en
      where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
        • 1. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
          Loc Nhan -Oracle
          Currently EM 12c (Management Service and agent) is available for 32-bit and 64-bit Linux only. Support note 793512.1 has release schedules EM 12c.

Note that if you want to install an agent on a platform/OS other than the one on which your Management Service runs, you can use the Self Update console (Setup tab > Extensibility > Self Update). For more information on using Self Update, please see:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/doc.121/e24473/self_update.htm#BEHGDJGE

Regards,
          - Loc
          • 3. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
            user467960
            Hi Locn

I want to install agent 12 on Aix, my SelfUpdate is configured to have update with Oracle update. My MSO is ok and my credentials too.

But i don't see a agent package for AIX in the Agent Software Updates screen , but only for Linux 32 and 64 bit.

Can you tell me how to download a agent for aix , or if it's not possible for the moment ?

another question : it's possible to configure a Agent11g on EM12C ? (linux or Aix)

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english , i'm a french dba.. ;-)

Mick.
            • 4. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
              Loc Nhan -Oracle
              Hi Mick,

As per Support note titled Release Schedule of Current Enterprise Manager Releases and Patch Sets (Doc ID 793512.1), the Management Service and Agent version 12.1.0.1 for IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit) will be released in the first quarter of 2012.

Regards,
              - Loc
              • 5. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                Can the 11g agent be used with 12c OMS?
                • 6. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                  Loc Nhan -Oracle
                  No, pre-12c agents don't work with a 12c OMS. There is one exception: in a two-system upgrade, where additional hardware is necessary, agents can be gradually upgraded/switched over to the upgraded OMSs.
                  • 7. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                    Thanks LocN for your answers .

Mike
                    • 8. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                      Hi Guys

Any idea about the 12c agent for Sun Solaris, it is not available in Self update, but i can see it in otn downloads as a sar file, how to import this sar file, i have already tried emcli import_update but is is not working
                      • 9. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                        Adeesh Fulay
                        Try again. I see the Solaris agents in self update now.
                        • 10. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                          djoloff
                          Helllo

agent 12c for AIX is available on self update. By I don't know why the apply failed

BR
                          • 11. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                            Courtney Llamas-Oracle
                            Agents for Linux, HP IA64, HP PARISC, and AIX are all available in Self Update now. You'll need to apply to stage in SWLIB, then you can deploy to hosts. If when applying you get a FAILED status, click thru the Failed links and you'll get a message. When I tried, I got the following error:
                            Exception: OperationFailedException: Below host metric patches are not applied to OMS.[13426571]

Which means I'm missing some patch that is required. You'll need to download whatever patches are missing and follow the readme to apply.
                            • 12. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                              Hi

Since 24/12/2011, the agent12c for AIX is available, on selfupdate, and package SAR (on oracle.com)

First, i don't understand the utility of the SAR package, which is not possible to use in OMS Server. But it's not very important, because i can use the Online Mode from OEM 12c Selfupdate.

So I have test the download of this agent12C for aix with selfupdate online mode, but the download failed with this error :

+2012-01-17 11:41:00,188 [[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '19' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] ERROR selfupdate.SelfUpdateJobCommand logp.251 - error in opening zip file+
                              java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
                              at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
                              at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
                              at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:144)

==> It's exactly the same problem when i try to download another agent12c, and i don't understand.

Then, i have tryed to install agent12C in OFFLINE MODE, using the EMCLI utility on my OMS Server.

But it's impossible too :

+[oraoem@lnxsrv-ora12c libraries]$ emcli import_update -omslocal -file=p13528458_112000_Generic.zip+
                              Error: The command name "import_update" is not a recognized command.
                              Run the "help" command for a list of recognized commands.

I dont understand this errors, i have read the oracle documentation for OEM 12c, my OMS is configured like the instructions in the documentation.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Mike

Edited by: Mike on Jan 17, 2012 5:22 AM
                              • 13. Re: where can i download agent 12c for all platform?
                                user467960
                                for my problem, with selfupdate in online mode, it was the antivirus software of my company which is not compatible with automatic download of large file.

With offline mode, for my problem with "emcli" , the solution was to install on client / server OMS the "emcli pack", which is avalaible from OEM12C (setup / preference / command line)

- Then, you must install java 1.6.0.23 on client / server. in my case, i have installed java 1.7
                                - When emcli is "unpack" on client / server, logging to the OMS user, and launch the setup :

example
                                su - omsuser
                                export EMCLI_STATE_DIR=/softs/emcli_kit
                                export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk17
                                export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin:$EMCLI_STATE_DIR
                                cd $EMCLI_STATE_DIR
                                ./emcli setup -dir$EMCLI_STATE_DIR -url=https://172.23.100.164:7801 -user=sysman

then, you can import your agent, or update :

./emcli import_update -omslocal -file=$EMCLI_STATE_DIR/p13528458_112000_Generic.zip

output of import_upgrade :
                                "Do you trust the certificate chain? [yes/no] yes
                                Emcli setup successful"

Then, in OEM, the upgrade is mark as "download", and it's possible to apply it, but in my case, i have to install patch 13426571 for OMS before apply the upgrade.

Sorry for my english, i hope you understand this solutions.

Mike.

Edited by: user467960 on Jan 18, 2012 4:41 AM