2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2011 6:40 AM by DBSSURESH RSS

Is oracle data mining support to other databases to work datamining

DBSSURESH
      Dear CB,

I am using oracle data mining and i have some doubts please clarify my doubts

1) Is ODM talk to other database or not ,like can we use ODM to prepare data mining work using other database
      2) Is ODM supports social analytics

Thanks inadvance

thanks & regards
      Suresh
        • 1. Re: Is oracle data mining support to other databases to work datamining
          Charlie Berger-Oracle
          Suresh,

1) Is ODM talk to other database or not ,like can we use ODM to prepare data mining work using other database

Yes, you can use Oracle Data Mining to talk to other databases, but ODM will need to "have" the data inside the Oracle Database during model build and model apply. You can use DB links to pull/push data to/from other Oracle and non-Oracle DBs, but all the data mining work and data transformations occur in-DB by our Oracle design. You can perform data prep, data transformation, build models and then compute dm predictions inside Oracle DB and then publish ODM results to any other dashboard/Q&R tool that can make a SQL call to Oracle to query results or ask ODM predictive model to make a real-time prediction based on current input data.

2) Is ODM supports social analytics

Depends on what you mean, but probably Yes. For example, we can mine unstructured data e.g. Twitter feeds and get 80% accurate Sentiment analysis. See http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=mining%20twitter%20data%20clasification%20stanford&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stanford.edu%2F~alecmgo%2Fpapers%2FTwitterDistantSupervision09.pdf&ei=Pk3VTsPOFYaIsQLknuiGDg&usg=AFQjCNGSErmPAa-n6kc_gVCCdxMRMKTeOw paper for a published tech paper that describes an approach that we have successfully replicated in-DB using ODM's text mining capabilities & Oracle Text. Add additional structured data, e.g. # purchases, $amount of purchases over time, etc. and you can have better Sentiment analysis or other types of predictive models.

Also, ODM can perform e.g. churn analysis and include as input to the model the "friends & family" usage, activities, and demographics as enriched input data to mine. We mine Star Schemas so we can pull together a 360 degree view of customer include "social" type data e.g. # links from a friend, etc. Broad topic.... hope this helps.

cb
          • 2. Re: Is oracle data mining support to other databases to work datamining
            DBSSURESH
            Dear CB
            N
            ice to E meeting you ,thanks your support
            If i have any doubts i will send mail to you

thanks & Regards
            DBS suresh