1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2008 4:42 PM by 642288

Data provider internal error(-3001)

Hi,

When we try to connect oracle-db the following exception occured. Pls help me in resolving this problem.

=========================================
      Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException Data provider internal error(-3001) at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure)
      at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteReader(Boolean requery, Boolean fillRequest, CommandBehavior behavior)
      at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
      at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
      ===================================

Thanks in Advance
      SPM
        • 1. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
          Do you have a previous oracle client installed on the machine? If so make sure you are pointing to the correct oracle client.

Dhaval
          • 2. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
            hi,

No I don't have any previous versions installed.

Another point i forgot to mention is we are getting this error message after the following exception occured.

"ORA-24338: statement handle not executed".

The Database also hangs. We have to restrat again to continue

SPM
            • 3. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
              Please show us the code how you set the SelectCommand
              in the DataAdapter. Looks like sth might not set up
              correctly when the DataAdapter.Fill is called.

Thanks
              Martha
              • 4. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                I have the same error, but he appears sometimes:
                Oracle Data Provider Fehler: Interner Daten-Provider-Fehler(-3001)
                Fehlerstack: at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure)
                at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteReader(Boolean requery, Boolean fillRequest, CommandBehavior behavior)
                at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteReader()
                at Applikationsspezifikation.Applespez.selectDB(OracleConnection con, String sql) in c:\Documents and Settings\linzvolk\My Documents\Diplom\APPLESPEZ\SRC\Applespez.cs:line 80

Can anybody help me?
                • 5. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                  Hi,
                  I have the same symptoms. After I installed application on product machine (2 processors, Win2003 Server), this error messages are raised suddenly.

First is raised:
                  Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException ORA-24338: není provedeno handle pøíkazu at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure)
                  at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleDataReader..ctor(OracleConnection connection, IntPtr[] opsSqlCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, OpoMetValCtx* pOpoMetValCtx, Int32 resultCount, CommandBehavior commandBehavior, Hashtable safeMapping, String commandText)
                  at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

and second is:
                  Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException Data provider internal error(-3001) at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure)
                  at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

Thanks for any help.
                  Jiri
                  • 6. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                    Hi,

I have the same symptom when running a .NET web service on Windows XP and using the ODP.NET version 9.2.0.4. The error is very intermittant.

Here is the relevant part of the stack trace:

Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException Data provider internal error(-3000) at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException.HandleErrorHelper(Int32 errCode, OracleConnection conn, IntPtr opsErrCtx, OpoSqlValCtx* pOpoSqlValCtx, Object src, String procedure)
                    at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleConnection.Open()

Here is the code that experiences this:

DataSet myDataSet = new DataSet();
                    OracleConnection dbcConn = null;
                    try
                    {
                    dbcConn = OraAccess.GetDbConnection(dbName, userName, password);
                    dbcConn.Open();
                    OracleCommand myCommand = new OracleCommand(query, dbcConn);
                    OracleDataAdapter myDataAdapter = new OracleDataAdapter(myCommand);
                    myDataSet = new DataSet();
                    myDataAdapter.Fill(myDataSet,dataSetName);
                    }
                    catch (Exception e)
                    {
                    throw new Exception (e.ToString());
                    }
                    finally
                    {
                    dbcConn.Close();
                    }
                    return myDataSet;

Has anyone come up with a resolution?

Thanks,
                    Ross
                    • 7. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                      Hello is there any resolution to this?

Sounds like the similar problem to the staff on the thred.
                      Intermittenly we will get into this and the only solution we have at this point is to restart the application.

Source     "Oracle Data Provider for .NET"     
                      Message     "Data provider internal error(-3000)"     
                      • 8. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                        -3001 is a generic internal error (access voilation, bad pointer, heap corruption... you name it). It typically happens in the C layer of the provider (oraopsXX.dll).

The best way is to try to get a test case and see if someone in ODP.NET development can help.

Arnold
                        • 9. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                          I know this is very old post but I have no other option than reposting to this one. Have anyone found any kind of solution for this problem?

I was working with my application and I was getting SQL errors from my Stored Procedure (SP). so, I checked my SP and fixex my syntax errors. Once I recompile and retest the application all from nowhere I got "ORA-24338: statement handle not executed". I looked for oracle description for this error and nothing was helpful as it is described in the Oracle Error Messages doc. I ran the application again and I got this error:
                          Data provider internal error(-3001)
                          Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: Data provider internal error(-3001)

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me finding the cause for this error.

Vincy
                          • 10. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                            I think I am responding back to my own post just in case anyone else need help on this.

What I just figured out is the error sent back by ODP or Oracle is just a meaning less error.

In my case I was trying to insert a value larger than the column size (i figured out somehow). Instead of getting this error oracle/odp was giving me stupid error. And i spent more than a half day to figure this out!!!

And the other error i supposed to get was "Wrong number or invalid type" something like that because I was passing the wrong information to another procedure.

So, beware of the error messages you're getting from ODP. I wish they just return the same error what backend is returning...

Goodluck,

vincy
                            • 11. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                              The common reason that "ORA-24338: statement handle not executed" error occurs is if a bound REF CURSOR is not created/bound to a result from an execution of a PL/SQL stored procedure/function or an anonymous PL/SQL block. Please check your server-side code and assure that the REF CURSOR that is returned by the PL/SQL code is actually bound to a result set from a SELECT statement. This can happen intermittently if there is some logic in the PL/SQL code where based on some condition, the REF CURSOR is sometimes bound to a result set while in some cases it is not. In a future release, we will be putting an enhancement in that will simply ignore REF CURSORS that are not bound to a result set and hence not have this error returned when such a situation occur.

Thanks,

Kiminari Akiyama
                              Oracle Corporation
                              • 12. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                                Please make this an option. I like it the way it is now :)
                                • 13. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                                  Recently, we have put some efforts in providing more informative message about the error/exception rather than simply masking them as internal errors so that developers can easily diagnose the problem. We are planning on releasing a version of ODP.NET with this enhancement in the near future.

Also, if PL/SQL stored procedures or functions are created by your application, the application can obtain errors from the OracleCommand execution, but if there are warnings, they can be obtained from the OracleConnection InfoMessage event. Parameter number and type mismatches can be caught during the creation of the PL/SQL stored proc/func if the error is due to a mismatch in parameter number or type by an invocation from the PL/SQL stored pro
                                  c/func itself. If there are mismatch issue due to an invocation from the application, you should receive an error such as
                                  "PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to '<your proc/func name>'
                                  from the execution of the stored proc/func.

Hi Vincent,

Do you by any chance have a small test case (stored precure + application code) that can reproduce the issue that you have described? If the test case is small enough, please post on this forum thread and we can take a look to assure that we are handling your situation properly.

Thanks,

Kiminari Akiyama
                                  Oracle Corporation
                                  • 14. Re: Data provider internal error(-3001)
                                    Kiminari,

I agree with your first posting for ORA-24338 error. I was getting this error and wasn't sure where and who was causing the error. So, I had my own way of logging (because my SP are designed to generate dynamic SQL so i need to know whether my SQL has any syntax errors...)the my custom error in my error log table shown below:

CREATE TABLE ICE_ERROR_LOG
                                    (
                                    ERR_NUM NUMBER NOT NULL,
                                    CREATE_DATE DATE DEFAULT SYSDATE,
                                    TRACK_NUM VARCHAR2(100 BYTE) (This was set to 25 bytes, i think),
                                    SP_SQL CLOB,
                                    SP_PARAMETERS VARCHAR2(4000 BYTE),
                                    ORACLE_ERR CLOB,
                                    ORACLE_ERR_NUM NUMBER
                                    )

So, I wanted to see what the values are coming in to my stored procedure. So, I tried to dump them to the above table using another Procedure created just for this logging. But I did not realize that I was passing the wrong info to a wrong parameter and that was trying to insert a larger value in a small size column and I was getting this internal error. (That's why I frustrated because there wasn't any sytax/logic errors in the SQL/SP)

I was using Microsoft's Data Provider for Oracle (MDPO) since the .Net was released but I never had this situation where I get the misleading error messages. Just last week I switched to ODP because I could not find help on how to pass arrays to oracle SP from vb.net using MDPO and came to know that i can do that using ODP and so I installed ODP.

But I am still struggling to find out to pass multi-dimensional array to Oracle SP from vb.net using ODP. Do you have any examples that you can forward, please?
                                    And secondly, if i have parameter defined in PL/SQL Stored Proc with default value, I was able to skip that param in Parameter object of Command object using MDPO. But its not possible in ODP. I get "Wrong number or types of arguments" error. Is it by design or am I doing something wrong? When the default value is specified in the SP declaration isn't that should allow to skip that param?

For example: if I have sp like as shown below:
                                    create pr_Test(id as number, name as varchar2 default 'testname')

And this should work even if i send only the value for id argument from vb.net (technically). But its not. I get the aforementioned error.

I would greatly appreciate if you provide some directions, please?

Thanks,

Vincent
                                    1 2 Previous Next