1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 2, 2011 8:49 AM by Todd Little-Oracle RSS

TMQFORWARD and correlation-id and buffer

Kristian Ivarsson
      Dear fellow Tuxedo-experts and users,

I could probably try this out and/or more thoroughly study the documentation but so far I haven't find the answer

1. If a TMQFORWARD forwards a msg with reply-queue and a correlation-id, will the reply-msg contain that correlation-id ?

2. If a TMQFORWARD fails to forward a msg (e.g. the service returns TPFAIL) and (some) msg is moved to any failure-queue will the message contain the original buffer or the any possible buffer from the service ? I'm guessing the original buffer, but in case of TPESVCFAIL it would make sense if the msg in the failure-queue actually contained the replied buffer from service. It would at least be useful in some scenarios and it would be cool if it was configurable in some way

Does anyone have any swift answers to these questions ?

Best regards,
      Kristian
        • 1. Re: TMQFORWARD and correlation-id and buffer
          Todd Little-Oracle
          Hi Kristian,
          1. If a TMQFORWARD forwards a msg with reply-queue and a correlation-id, will the reply-msg contain that correlation-id ?
          Yes, the reply message will have the same correlation ID as the request message had.
          2. If a TMQFORWARD fails to forward a msg (e.g. the service returns TPFAIL) and (some) msg is moved to any failure-queue will the message contain the original buffer or the any possible buffer from the service ? I'm guessing the original buffer, but in case of TPESVCFAIL it would make sense if the msg in the failure-queue actually contained the replied buffer from service. It would at least be useful in some scenarios and it would be cool if it was configurable in some way
          A very quick look at the code would indicate that if the service returns data such as with TPESVCFAIL, then the reply buffer contents are placed on the error queue, provided the -d option is given to TMQFORWARD. Please check the documentation on the -d option as it explains in more detail what happens.

Regards,
          Todd Little
          Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect