1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 1:36 PM by "Oracle, Sandra Whitman-Oracle" RSS

Can't install bdbxml on Fedora? and have it work?

Hi,

This is following on from this: Error trying to import python dbxml package
      And there is a similar thread here: Linking Problem

System: fedora15 x86_64

Initially I had everything working and it was going great. The python bindings even looked to be working. However, I then logged out of my root shell session and it all started going wrong:

1. The python bindings no longer worked
      2. I could no longer start dbxml through /install/bin/dbxml even as the root user.
      3. the whole thing stopped worked and put out lots of errors referring to the xerces .so object.

So I then tried to completely uninstall and reinstall again -- because obviously somtehing was not happy -- and I've got this error during the build process:

..../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_toupper_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_serialize_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_setSerializedToOne_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_charType_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_getSerializedRangeCount_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_close_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_fromUChars_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_toUnicode_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_init_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_fromUnicode_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_foldCase_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `u_tolower_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `UCNV_FROM_U_CALLBACK_STOP_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_close_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_getMinCharSize_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_getSerializedSet_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `UCNV_FROM_U_CALLBACK_SUBSTITUTE_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_open_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_setFromUCallBack_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_openU_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_openPatternOptions_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_getMaxCharSize_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `uset_getSerializedRange_48'
      .../dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so: undefined reference to `ucnv_toUChars_48'
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make[1]: *** [dbxml] Error 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/dbxml-2.5.16/dbxml/build_unix'
      make: *** [all] Error 2

So now it simply won't build!

Also trying to use the non-default (upgraded) versions of xerces or xqilla simply doesn't work because they don't have a particular function in them or something

Edited by: LondonAli on 30-Nov-2011 11:33
        • 1. Re: Can't install bdbxml on Fedora? and have it work?
          "Oracle, Sandra Whitman-Oracle"
          Hello,

It sounds like running buildall.sh did not resolve the unresolved symbols.
          Could something have gone wrong with the definition of
          LD_LIBRARY_PATH or equivalent environment variable used
          on the OS which the linker uses to resolve library dependencies?
          If you run:
          nm dbxml-2.5.16/install/lib/libxerces-c.so
          and grep for the unreferenced symbols it should give a clue as
          to which library contains which symbols and you can verify if that
          is in your library path.

Let me know if that does not help.

Thanks,
          Sandra