0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2011 2:16 PM by 897507 RSS

Just installed the Pre-Built Developer VM need help with a couple things...

Hello,

I'm fairly new to this so I apologize if some of my questions are stupid. I have googled and searched the forums for these answers and even tried a few different things out (with no luck), so now I am posting here:

#1. When I try to open any of the sites in this VM such as Content Server or the Pagelet Producer I get the following error:
      +"Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:16200."+

#2. I tried to configure the port forwarding, but I am new to this so I'm not sure if I used the correct addresses. For the HOST IP's I used the IP of the VM, which I retrieved from hovering my mouse over the adapter settings icon in the bottom right corner. For the GUEST IP I used the IP of my machine that I am running the VM on - this does not feel right to me, but I can't seem to find any information or references that work.

#3. I got an error message saying that the shared folder for D:\TEMP\Host was not created so I went into the Shared Folders settings for this VM and assigned it to a folder 'Host' that I created on my hard drive. Is this not correct?

I would like to use this VM to create and modify task flows and deploy them to a Web Center instance so that I don't mess anything up in our test environment (it is under heavy development right now). Please help!

Many thanks,
      J