6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2011 9:39 AM by user12957520 RSS

Installed db11g and enterprise server of jdee1, what to install next?????

user12957520
      Hi all

I am trying to install the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. I have created a new machine with OS Windows Server 2003 SP2.
      I have already installed there the Oracle Database 11g and after that, I installed the Enterprise Server of JD Edwards.

Now I want to continue with the installation but I dont know what to install next because the documentation is not very clear?

Can anyone please suggest what to install next? Do I have to install the deployment server and can I install it on the same machine??

Thank you and best regards
      Ernest
        • 1. Re: Installed db11g and enterprise server of jdee1, what to install next?????
          Bruno Condemi
          Hi Ernest,
          if you look at my previus post...

the minimal software components in order to run JD Edwards Enterprise One are:

1) Enterprise Server
          2) Deployment server
          3) Web Logic Server (if you want to use the web client, bssv, transaction server)
          4) Database server

Regards.

Bruno Condemi
          • 2. Re: Installed db11g and enterprise server of jdee1, what to install next?????
            user12957520
            Hi Bruno

Thanks for your post.
            I saw your previous post and based on your post I am doing the installation, but I needed a confirmation.
            I started installing the Deployment Server on the same machine.

Am I doing anything wrong?

When you say "Database Server" which product do you mean because I am not being able to find anything with that name in edelivery.oracle.com??

• 3. Re: Installed db11g and enterprise server of jdee1, what to install next?????
              Bruno Condemi
              Well, you have two database instance.

One instance is shipped with dep server and act as repository for app life cycle management.

Another instance is for live data (when I say Database Server I refear to this component).

1) Download MTR for your installation
              2) Look for DB Server version for you platform (win , unix, 32, 64bit, and so on)
              3) From E-Delivery look at database product and download the version you need.
              • 4. Re: Installed db11g and enterprise server of jdee1, what to install next?????
                user12957520
                Hi Bruno

I have installed the Deployment Server and the installation finished successfully but when i try to navigate to the EntepriseOne menu I have the following message:

"no local web solution for html engine installed. operation failed". Can you please suggest for any solution for this?

I also did not install the html web server yet. Is this mandatory? Is this error related with this?
                Can you please provide me link where to download some guide on how to install the HTML Web Server because I have downloaded it from edelivery.oracle.com but I dont have any information how to install it.

• 5. Re: Installed db11g and enterprise server of jdee1, what to install next?????
                  Bruno Condemi
                  Look at http://forum.j4jde.com/index.php?topic=418.new;topicseen#new

Edited by: Bruno Condemi on 6-dic-2011 4.01
                  • 6. Re: Installed db11g and enterprise server of jdee1, what to install next?????
                    user12957520
                    Hi Bruno

According to your advice I am trying to install the server manager, but (even if i tried two times in different partitions) it is giving the same error message:
                    "STACK_TRACE: 12
                    ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data = [Can not delete : E:\jde_home\targets : ServiceException: (error code = -30020; message = "The directory is not empty.
                    (145)"; severity = 0)])
                         at com.installshield.product.actions.CreateDirectory.uninstall(Unknown Source)
                         at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductAction(Unknown Source)
                         at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductComponent(Unknown Source)
                         at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallSoftwareObject(Unknown Source)
                         at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$1900(Unknown Source)
                         at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$UninstallProduct.uninstall(Unknown Source)
                         at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Rollback.execute(Unknown Source)
                         at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
                         at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)"

This directory did not exist before starting the installation.
                    Can you please advice how to solve this issue?