9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 3:21 PM by JeffJon

Error in FDM web login

user8904966
      Hi,
      I installed FDM n configured too. But i m nt able to login to FDM thru Web client. getting error as "The page cannot be displayed.". was getting error as " IIS Admin Service or a service dependent on IIS Admin is not active. It most li
      kely failed to start, which may mean that it's disabled." during iisreset from cmd. I re-installed the IIS. Now i am nt able to c HyperionFDM App Pool inside of IIS. PLease suggest how to proceed.
        • 1. Re: Error in FDM web login
          JeffJon
          What OS is the software installed on?

The FDM Application Pool is created when you run the EPM System Configuration utility and configure FDM.
          • 2. Re: Error in FDM web login
            beyerch2
            In regards to your original problem, it sounds like your IIS got goofed up, perhaps Web Service Extensions were disabled somehow? To check this :

Verify Web Service Extensions
            #1 - Start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager on the server in question
            #2 - click on Web Service Extensions folder in left pane.
            #3 - Verify that ASP.NET v1.1.4322 is set to Allowed.
            #3a - If it is marked as Prohibit, enable it by click on it, then clicking on the Allow button.
            #3b - If the framework is not present, reinstall the .NET Framework.

Once you reinstalled IIS, it would have cleared any settings that were there previous, including installed web sites / application pools. Your best best would probably be to reinstall FDM web component to ensure that everything is setup properly.

Another possibility in regards to the original issue is that the app mappings got messed somehow. These control which program handles pages on the server. (i.e. ASPX is a .NET page and .ASP is active server pages classic)

Verify Application Mappings
            #1 - Start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager on the server in question
            #2 - Locate FDM Website (most likely under Websites / Default Web Site), right click, and select properties.
            #3 - On the Virtual Directory tab, click on Configuration
            #4 - On the Mappings screen confirm that there are Application extensions for ASPX, etc.

In regards to getting you setup now that you have reinstalled IIS .......

Setup App Pool
            #2 - Expand the application folder and verify you don't see your FDM App Pool.
            #3 - Right click on the Application Pools folder, then New, then Application Pool
            #4 - Provide it with the name you would like and use the default settings for new application pool option.
            #5 - If you had any specific changes configure the application pool by right clicking on it and selecting properties
            - In our environment we had a couple of changes we made such as : Max used memory was increased and we swapped out the application pool identity user account to our "hypadmin" account.
            - I recommend referring to the installation instructions for your specific version of FDM in case it recommends any other changes.
            #6 - After you have the pool configure how you want it, right click on the pool, all tasks, and Save Configuration. This allows you to save all of the configuration pool information to a file. In the event it disappears again (???), you can recreate it using the config file.

Configure Web Site

#1 - After the pool is created and configured, locate the FDM website which is probably listed under Default Website in the Websites folder. Right click and select properties.
            #2 - On the virtual directories tab, click the Application Pool drop down and select the Pool you just created.

I suspect there is more to your problem because even if the App pool was gone from IIS, the site should still be there. If the default folder for your Hyperion FDM web files looks like a folder and NOT a cog w/ a globe, then it is not setup .....

Create Virtual Directory
            #2 - Expand the Web Sites folder
            #3 - right click on Default Web Site and select 'New', Virtual Directory
            #4 - Follow the Wizard and supply the following information :
            a. Alias - This is the name of the website Alias which will be used in the URL. (i.e. FDMWeb would become http://webserver/FDMWeb)
            b. Path - The root folder where the web documents are stored.
            c. Permissions - check Read

#5 - Configure the app pool as explained above.
            • 3. Re: Error in FDM web login
              user8904966
              Hi,
              Thanks a lot for your reply. As per ur suggestion, I re-installed IIS n nw its working fine. I re-installed FDM Web component n configured.
              But upon validation i got errors as
              ----------------
              SSO
              Availability of login http://<server>:28080/interop/index.jsp
              Error: Could not login to Foundation
              Recommended Action: Check if all services run. Check user name and password

WEB: Web App Availability of web application context http://<server>:19091/awb
              Error: Bad response code: 500
              Recommended Action: Check application is started

HTTP: Http Availability of http context http://<server>:19000/awb
              Error: Bad response code: 500
              Recommended Action: Check application is started

SSO Availability of login http://<server>:45000/workspace/browse/configInfo
              Error: Could not login to workspace
              Recommended Action: Check if all services run. Check user name and password

pls suggest
              • 4. Re: Error in FDM web login
                beyerch2
                Are all of the Hyperion components on one server?????

Your URL's are all just "server" so I don't know for sure.

If more than one web app was installed on that server and you reinstalled IIS, all of the apps/settings would have been blown up, not just FDM.

If this is the case, you will probably need to reinstall all of the web components in order to figure this out.

If this is a new installation anyway, I would honestly just reimage the server, start fresh, and reinstall everything again. Additionally pay close attention to the requirements for each component as a few of them cannot live together depending on what software you are running.
                • 5. Re: Error in FDM web login
                  user8904966
                  Hi,

Yes I am installing all the web components in one machine. Is this going to be any issue??
                  • 6. Re: Error in FDM web login
                    user8904966
                    Hi,
                    While reconfiguring EPM, I am getting error as "Not enough available ports in range, invalid port number or format error".
                    • 7. Re: Error in FDM web login
                      beyerch2
                      It could be depending on what version of the products you are installing and whether you are using 32 bit or 64 bit. Some of the components do not play nice.

It's really hard to help anymore without seeing what is going on firsthand at this point, unfortunately.
                      • 8. Re: Error in FDM web login
                        user8904966
                        While trying to configure web config manager & load balance manager, I m getting eror as "Cannot create Active X compoment."
                        • 9. Re: Error in FDM web login
                          JeffJon
                          You have not installed the IIS6 Metadatabase in the IIS role on the FDM Web Server. FDM requires the following roles on a Windows 2008 Server:

a) Application Server Role with IIS Support Enabled
                          B) IIS Web Server Role with IIS 6 Compatibility Mode enabled (Check the IIS6 Components Boxes in the role install screen)

See km document      

Configuring Necessary Roles in Windows 2008 for FDM Web Server [Video] (Doc ID 1161892.1)