1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2011 4:41 PM by 827056

Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM

Hi,

I am trying to install Peoplesoft FSCM module. I was able to install SQL SERVER, WEBLOGIC, TUXEDO, PEOPLETOLLS 8.52. As per the manual, now I need to install FSCM CD's that I downloaded from oracle e-delivery site. when I extract the zip files that I got from oracel site, I don't see any .bat files or .exe files for the inistallation of this apps. Am I following the right procedure? please let me know if I miss anything. This is my first time installation.

Thanks a lot!
        • 1. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
          user13798675
          you are doing the right way but ,cross check the size of the CD that you had downloaded from the oracle e-delivery site , if you are downloading the PeopleSoft Enterprise Financials and Supply Chain Management 9.1: Feature Pack - March 2011      V24363-01 it should be 1.2G (make sure there is no pause break while downloading )
          After extracting the Cd we have to get two disks under V24363-01 folder and you can find the setup at FSCMV24363-01\Disk1\InstData\

hopes this will help you

Thanks
          balakrishna
          • 2. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
            Thanks a lot Balakrishna

I looked in to the files ending with pack i.e. pack1 to pack 7 and did not really look in to the file that you mentioned.. I am continuing with the installation will ask for any help if needed.

Thanks again!
            • 3. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
              user13798675
              The files ending with pack i.e. pack1 to pack are the Maintenance Packets , which includes some application fixes and bundles those can be applied after you complete FSCM installation

Have a nice installation

Regards
              Bala
              • 4. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                Thanks Balakrishna

Now I am in the stage of peoplesoft database configuration. while configuring the database using the wizard it does not provide me the demo or system datbase, it is providing me only the peopletools database for configuration. I selected it as unicode. Am I missing anystep in between in order to show up the demo database and also when I specify the folder location for sqlcmd, it says invalid folder name. Please let me know if you have any idea about this

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                  user13798675
                  Make sure that you had installed the FSCM application on in right PS_HOME ( where tools has been installed ). it is always recommended to set up the database by manual but not using the wizard , here are the manaula steps
                  file -->database setup ---->(select your database Type ) unicode or non-unicode
                  now select database type (demo will be prompt only if you had installed the FSCM application where you had installed your tools)
                  now click on Add to add the selected language (if you are using any translation you need to install the translation CD for that application after you had installed the Application part)
                  and next
                  provide the database parameter

this will generate an Scripts called XXXora.dms (xxxx is ur env name ) will be @ PS_HOME/scripts

and just fire the RUN button

will take 4 to 8 hrs depends on your system config

Hope this helps to you

thanks
                  Bala
                  • 6. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                    Nicolas Gasparotto
                    user13798675 wrote:
                    Make sure that you had installed the FSCM application on in right PS_HOME ( where tools has been installed ).
                    It needs to be refine :
                    => up to Peopletools 8.51, application must be installed in PS_HOME
                    => from Peopletools 8.52 onwards, you can install the application in different folder than PS_HOME (variable PS_APP_HOME defined in Configuration Manager)

Nicolas.
                    • 7. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                      Hi BalaKrishna and Nicolas,

Thanks for the Reply!

I am using sqlserver 2005 as the database server. initially I am trying to configure using the database wizard but during the configuration I am seeing that "no error. the minimum supported database server should be sqlserver 2008". but when I look into the peopletools 8.52 document I see sql server 2005 will be supported. can you clarify me on this. I am giving a final try with the wizard then I will try configuring it manually as you mentioned above.
                      • 8. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                        Nicolas Gasparotto
                        Which documentation are you refering to ? Even in the release value proposition, it is mentioned that SQL Server 2005 support will be discontinued.
                        Unfortunately the installer is right. According to the certification matrix on My Oracle Support, Peopletools 8.52 is supported only on SQL Server 2008.

Nicolas.
                        • 9. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                          Hi Nicolas, Sorry for the late response

This is the document I am referring to "http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26530_01/psft/acrobat/PeopleTools_8.52_HardwareSoftwareRequirements.pdf". it is on page 32 of the document. I thought it would support sql server 2005.

I am trying to install peoplesoft 9.1 on peoplebooks 8.52.

Thanks
                          • 10. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                            Nicolas Gasparotto
                            Oh, I see, then I think it has been wrongly mentioned out there and should be reported for reposting new documentation.
                            The official certification matrix found on My Oracle Support states only SQL Server 2008 which could explain the error you are facing to with the 2005 version.
                            Unless some more SQL Server experienced people over here have a better explanation...

Nicolas.
                            1 person found this helpful
                            • 11. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                              Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the Reply.

Since, I already have the hardware configured and was actually looking for 8.49 installation files, but I could not find them on the oracle site so I went on installing 8.52 but I want to install 8.49 now , can you plesae tell me where I can find the installation files for peopletools 8.49? thinking that it should good to support SQL server 2005.
                              • 12. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                                Nicolas Gasparotto
                                Older Peopletools than 8.51 are not available anymore for download. You may want to create a SR for the media.

Nicolas.
                                • 13. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                                  I found some files on the FTP site but it does not have much detail about the kind of files they are..

ftp://ftp.peoplesoft.com/outgoing/ptools/

Can you please let me know what are the files that I need from the FTP site of Peoplesoft to install 8.48 people books and 9.0 or below version of FSCM or HRMS Poeplesoft applications and also the TUXEDO file for SQL SERVER 2005 on windows environment

And also can you please provide me the steps to un install the things that I have installed so far on 8.52.. I have installed peoplebooks, peoplesoft FSCM application, tuxedo, Workstation

Thanks

Edited by: 824053 on Dec 15, 2011 2:08 PM
                                  • 14. Re: Issues with installing peoplesoft FSCM
                                    user13798675
                                    Ftp sites are Avaliable for downloading the patches for tools and and other 3rd party components ,but to unizip the patch you need to get the unzip password from MOS only

Steps to uninstall for tuxedo, Weblogic you can do it from the Add and Remove program , and after you drop downing the database you need to delete you PS_HOME
                                    1 2 Previous Next