2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2013 3:58 PM by Barry Schamach RSS

Possible to run Forms/Reports 11g WITHOUT Identity Management?

Barry Schamach
      I am planning to migrate from Forms/Reports 6i to 11g. We only have approx 500 users, all of whom are logged onto our LAN when accessing their Oracle applications.

My question: is it possible to utilize OS Authentication on Forms/Reports 11g? In the good ol' days of fat client, that was enough to log users into their 6i app. OR, is Oracle Identity Management a pre-requisite? Just trying to simplify an already herculean task...

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Possible to run Forms/Reports 11g WITHOUT Identity Management?
          Barry Schamach
          Um, I guess that would be a 'No'...
          • 2. Re: Possible to run Forms/Reports 11g WITHOUT Identity Management?
            Barry Schamach
            Yes, it is possible. Not sure when/who/how my question was finally answered, but just in case it helps somebody else:

You do NOT have to install Identity Manager to deploy Forms/Reports 11g.

And an editorial, finally, about the absolute klugeyness of Installing/configuring the F/R 11g stack; I can't take credit for these words, but I share the sentiment:

"It’s hard to see any positives of the 'new' 11g forms and reports. I have read of some of the features in the documentation. They are not really worth the effort.
            The builder is a tad buggy and likes to crash on opening of some forms (saved in 11g), the tech framework and installation is equivalent of a space station, wls shovels the memory down like a hippo and the little configuration niggles you have when running 10 and 11g side by side snag your elbows quite often. All the sacrifice only to show little in return.”