This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
It should usually accompany with more errors...can you please post those? e.g. ORA-06512
I'm not seeing any other errors, sqlca.sqlcode is -900 after attempting the query.
I have tried enabling auditing on the server, but I suspect that because the sql is seen as invalid it is not auditable (it is not showing up in the audit table).
Did you check the database alert log?
I did not check the alert log, but I don't think there was anything in there.
When I stopped linking to the oci.lib from the instantclient, everything seems to work fine... I have no idea why, but as long as it does, I'm happy
please note that this can have two reasons:
1. insufficient space inside Pro*C when SQL is stored in a string - for exampl when using cursors etc
2. as far as I know SQL is limited to 1000 characters.
To check whats going on when hitting
(1.) --> Try to execute same statement using PLSQL or SQL*Plus
(2.) --> use "slter session set sql_trace=true" in Pro*C code before executing problematic code and copy the probably truncated statement from udump or trace directory to an editor and check lengh.
As workaround creating views maybe a good idea to reduce query