3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2011 2:19 PM by 901250

defaulting supplier to po

hi folks,

i came through an requirement i.e whenever i create an purchase order it should show me a default supplier for an item and should show other suppliers from list of values?

thanks,
      sri

Edited by: sri on Dec 14, 2011 6:12 AM
        • 1. Re: defaulting supplier to po
          DineshApps
          Hi Sri,

Purchasing >> Supply Base >> Approved Supplier List

Select the organization, then define the supplier for category or Item for which you want to define, and status to approved.

Use the Approved Supplier List and Supplier–Item Attributes windows to specify blanket purchase agreements, contract purchase agreements, or quotations as source documents for a particular item and supplier or particular item category (commodity) and supplier. Purchasing automatically defaults this source document information, such as the Buyer, supplier Contact, and Supplier Item Number, for the item or commodity onto the requisition line. Standard purchase orders get source document information from global agreements and quotations. Requisitions get source document information from blanket purchase agreements, contract purchase agreements, or quotations.

Regards,
          Dinesh
          • 2. Re: defaulting supplier to po
            User315731
            Hi Sri,
            Dinesh's explaination is very clear.

If you have sourcing rules defined for the item/organization combination then we can get the supplier default in the req form.
            if this req is autocreated to PO the supplier defaults to PO aswell.

Thanks
            -Arif.
            • 3. Re: defaulting supplier to po
              hi folks,

thanks for ur reply,in here in the requirement it should show me a default supplier for an item and with other suppliers from list of values.

thanks,
              sri