This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 12:10 AM by 676094 RSS

Server Error 500 with windows 7

676094 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi,
Im trying to migrate a web site from Windows XP to windows 7. My web site worked on XP, but when I try to run it in W7, I cant connect to my oracle Database!
This is the connection string (perfectly working in XP)

<%
Dim conOracle, OraSession
Dim NRigheLista, OraDatabase
Dim BgColor, SocDataBase

Set conOracle = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.connection")

ConOracle.Open ="Provider=ORAOLEDB.Oracle;Data Source=MYDB;User ID=usr;Password=password;" (this comes into error!)

set OraSession = server.createobject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")
set OraDatabase = OraSession.dbOpenDatabase("MYDB","usr/password",cint(0))

%>

Now Im getting the 500 - Internal Server Error. But I know MYDB is well installed and I can reach it via SQLPlus. Can someone help me? thank you
  • 1. Re: Server Error 500 with windows 7
    Jim Smith Expert
    Server error 500 is pretty meaningless. You need to find out what the error number/message from your code is. See if any more detail is in the webserver logs. Or try to reproduce it with a standalone piece of VB which prints out the error.
  • 2. Re: Server Error 500 with windows 7
    676094 Newbie
    hi Jim,
    the error code is "429: ActiveX component can't create object", caused by this command line

set OraSession = server.createobject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

I know it may depend on a mismatch between Oracle server (11.2.0.1.0 64bit) and the Oraoledb driver, only available in 32 bit version. So I tried to download the ODAC 11.2.0.2.1 32bit, but I was unable to get it work. What should I do? Is there an alternative driver to connect to oracle?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points