This content has been marked as final. Show 9 replies
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and has discovered any sort of solution?
I installed the production release and the problem is solved. Thanks so much! Can someone close this thread please?
Really? It's still doing it for me, though so far I've only upgraded existing projects to the production release and not tried a new one. Maybe I'll just have to live with it.
Tridus, I uninstalled the beta (3) and installed the production release. Then I changed all of my references to point to the new version. This fixed all of my issues. Good luck...
Yeah I did that too only its still acting up for me. When I have time I intend on trying it with a new model to see if it's just a beta generated model holdover type error.
This error just randomly re-appeared for me. Not sure what did it. Any luck regenerating the model?
No I still get them too. Some of the tricks sometimes make it go away until I restart Visual Studio, but then it comes back.
It's possible that when restart VS or close and reopen a project within VS, ODT and its dependency ODP.NET are not loaded yet.
In this case following tricks should solve the error. I think Tridus was referring to these "tricks".
(copied and pasted from the readme.txt in Beta 2 version)
3. Tips to Resolve Compilation Errors With Custom Mapping
When custom mapping in a configuration file has changed, re-generate the data
model to solve compilation errors incurred by the new changes.
In some scenarios, custom mapping can cause compilation errors, when a
project that uses custom mapping is loaded by Visual Studio. There are
few ways to resolve the compilation errors:
(a) Open Visual Studio Help/About Microsoft Visual Studio and click OK
button to exit the dialog box or
(b) Open the to-be-used connection in Server Explorer
Then compile the project again to eliminate the compliation errors.
Once you have done the above and are still seeing custom type mapping related messages,
You may use MKSNT touch.exe (or the like utility) on app.config to change its timestamp but leave
its content intact.
This will force ODT/ODP to reread the custom type mapping.
It appears that regenerating the model from database resolved my issue. I am curious that if I change my web.config if the errors will reappear but for now it seems fixed. Thanks.