9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 12:44 PM by 899325 RSS

Superfluous Error 2019 still there

Hello,

This has been discussed in (at least) 2 threads but I want to bring the "Error 2019: Member Mapping specified is not valid" error back up.

I get this error for every single NUMBER(1,0) -> Boolean mapping I have in my entire model. It's a LOT. It doesn't prevent my web app from running but it is an incredible nuisance and makes troubleshooting real errors very difficult.

Things I have tried to solve the error:
      -----
      1. Put the following in EVERY .config file my application has (DID NOT WORK):
      <oracle.dataaccess.client>
      <settings>
      <add name="bool" value="edmmapping number(1,0)" />
      <add name="byte" value="edmmapping number(3,0)" />
      <add name="int16" value="edmmapping number(4,0)" />
      <add name="int32" value="edmmapping number(9,0)" />
      <add name="int64" value="edmmapping number(18,0)" />
      </settings>
      </oracle.dataaccess.client>
      2. Open the DB connection in server explorer then recompile (DID NOT WORK)
      3. Open Help -> About Visual Studio. Click OK, then recompile (DID NOT WORK)

Does anyone else have any possible solutions to this incredibly frustrating issue?
      Have any of the ODP developers commented on this issue?
      If there is a different place to go to report bugs please say so that we can get this major annoyance fixed.
        • 1. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
          Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and has discovered any sort of solution?
          • 2. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
            I installed the production release and the problem is solved. Thanks so much! Can someone close this thread please?
            • 3. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
              Tridus
              Really? It's still doing it for me, though so far I've only upgraded existing projects to the production release and not tried a new one. Maybe I'll just have to live with it.
              • 4. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
                Tridus, I uninstalled the beta (3) and installed the production release. Then I changed all of my references to point to the new version. This fixed all of my issues. Good luck...
                • 5. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
                  Tridus
                  Yeah I did that too only its still acting up for me. When I have time I intend on trying it with a new model to see if it's just a beta generated model holdover type error.
                  • 6. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
                    Tridus,

This error just randomly re-appeared for me. Not sure what did it. Any luck regenerating the model?
                    • 7. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
                      Tridus
                      No I still get them too. Some of the tricks sometimes make it go away until I restart Visual Studio, but then it comes back.
                      • 8. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
                        It's possible that when restart VS or close and reopen a project within VS, ODT and its dependency ODP.NET are not loaded yet.
                        In this case following tricks should solve the error. I think Tridus was referring to these "tricks".

(copied and pasted from the readme.txt in Beta 2 version)

3. Tips to Resolve Compilation Errors With Custom Mapping

When custom mapping in a configuration file has changed, re-generate the data
                        model to solve compilation errors incurred by the new changes.

In some scenarios, custom mapping can cause compilation errors, when a
                        project that uses custom mapping is loaded by Visual Studio. There are
                        few ways to resolve the compilation errors:

(a) Open Visual Studio Help/About Microsoft Visual Studio and click OK
                        button to exit the dialog box or

(b) Open the to-be-used connection in Server Explorer

Then compile the project again to eliminate the compliation errors.

(end paste)

Once you have done the above and are still seeing custom type mapping related messages,
                        You may use MKSNT touch.exe (or the like utility) on app.config to change its timestamp but leave
                        its content intact.

touch App.Config

This will force ODT/ODP to reread the custom type mapping.
                        • 9. Re: Superfluous Error 2019 still there
                          shsu,

It appears that regenerating the model from database resolved my issue. I am curious that if I change my web.config if the errors will reappear but for now it seems fixed. Thanks.