4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2011 1:36 PM by Todd Little-Oracle RSS

How to Expose the service to tuxedo :Todd Little  Please help.

Hi all,
      I am trying to expose the service to tuxedo.In unix system with tuxedo 9.1

I am starting with the simple app service .I prepared UBB config file. As follow:-

# samples/atmi/simpapp/ubbsimple     $Revision: 1.5 $"
      *RESOURCES
      IPCKEY          51501
      UID          106
      GID          104
      PERM          0666
      MAXACCESSERS     1000
      DOMAINID     clarify
      MASTER          appsrv01

MAXSERVERS     50
      MAXSERVICES     60
      MODEL          SHM
      LDBAL          Y

*MACHINES
      chard1     LMID=appsrv01
                APPDIR="/apps/test/tuxedo/appsrv"
                TUXCONFIG="/apps/test/tuxedo/appsrv/tuxconfig"
                TUXDIR="/apps/test/tuxedo"
                ULOGPFX="/apps/test/tuxedo/samples/atmi/simpapp/LOGS_SAULOG/OLOGS"
                TLOGNAME="TLOG"
                TLOGSIZE=100

*GROUPS
      "GROUP15" "LMID=appsrv01"     GRPNO=15     OPENINFO=NONE

*SERVERS
      DEFAULT:
                RESTART=Y
                MAXGEN=5
                CLOPT="-A -- -n //10.106.1*3.**5:48800 -d /dev/tcp"

simpserv     SRVGRP=GROUP15 SRVID=169

*SERVICES
      TOUPPER

When I am compiling this file I get
      883 ERROR: tmloadcf cannot run on an active node .

I changed IPC key also ,tried to shut down the server but not able to shut down the server.then I tried to kill the server.still no sucess.

Please answer some of my question.

1)can my application placed in any folder other and execute compile tmloadcf from there?

2)How to test my service using command prompt.

I have also updated the Jrepository .

Please if you find some required changes please let me know how to get those values which system specific eg I got server name using name -n command.

Please anybody help me.
        • 1. Re: How to Expose the service to tuxedo :Todd Little  Please help.
          user878
          Hi

The error "883 ERROR: tmloadcf cannot run on an active node ." basically means that you cannot load the configuration while tuxedo server is up and booted. You have to do tmshutdown and then execute the tmloadcf command.

Also you can place your config file in any folder and compile it from there no issues. In order to test your service, you may have to write some test client.
          • 2. Re: How to Expose the service to tuxedo :Todd Little  Please help.
            Please tel me where will I get this sample client .

1)Going further Please let me know how to call this service through JOLT.

2)Do I need to write client when I want to call the deployed service for calling this service through JOLT.

Please tell me the steps what to do.
            • 3. Re: How to Expose the service to tuxedo :Todd Little  Please help.
              Todd Little-Oracle
              Hi! I guess it's nice to get called upon by name. :-)

As user878 mentions, the problem trying to execute tmloadcf is related to the fact that the associated IPC resources are already considered active by Tuxedo, i.e., you did a tmboot with a given TUXCONFIG and that Tuxedo environment is still running.

Specifically to answer your questions:
              1)can my application placed in any folder other and execute compile tmloadcf from there?
              Where the files reside is almost immaterial. What is key is what the environment variable TUXCONFIG points to. That file defines a Tuxedo environment and is created with the tmloadcf command. Once the application is booted, you can't use tmloadcf to change the configuration. You either need to use the tmconfig command or shutdown the environment and then issue the tmloadcf command and then reboot the environment.
              2)How to test my service using command prompt.
              Tuxedo only provides a generic command line client for Tuxedo services that use FML or FML32 buffers. The commands are ud and ud32. For Tuxedo services that use other buffer types, you will have to develop a specific client.
              I have also updated the Jrepository .
              The Jolt repository is only needed if you are using Jolt, the Java client API to Tuxedo services.

Regards,
              Todd Little
              Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect
              • 4. Re: How to Expose the service to tuxedo :Todd Little  Please help.
                Todd Little-Oracle
                Hi,
                1)Going further Please let me know how to call this service through JOLT.
                You will need to do (as it sounds like you've already done) add the service definition(s) to the Jolt repository. You will then need to add the JSL to the Tuxedo UBBCONFIG file. Finally you will need to use the Jolt Java APIs to create a Jolt client.
                2)Do I need to write client when I want to call the deployed service for calling this service through JOLT.
                You don't need create a Tuxedo client perse, but you will need to create a Jolt client.

Regards,
                Todd Little
                Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect