3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2011 2:18 PM by Udo

Running the native Listener as a Windows (Startup) Service

user134954
      Hi,

i already did try some ways to get the Apex Listener run as a Service. I currently do not close my cmd-window so the listener is still running.

I would like to have the listener as a Service as Windows starts. Any Ideas?

Thx
        • 1. Re: Running the native Listener as a Windows (Startup) Service
          Udo
          Hi,

did you already try a "service helper" like nssm or srvany, as described here: {message:id=9606494} ?

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Running the native Listener as a Windows (Startup) Service
            user134954
            >
            Hi,

did you already try a "service helper" like nssm or srvany, as described here: {message:id=9606494} ?

-Udo
            A word of warning though - after struggling a bit with errors in the logs I found that i needed to run the java command manually for the first time (in a command prompt as administrator) - just to setup the passwords for the adminlistener and managerlistener accounts. But once setup the service now works really well, Thanks!

>

Does this mean, that after I need to reboot the machine i need to manual run the .war again setting up the passwords?
            • 3. Re: Running the native Listener as a Windows (Startup) Service
              Udo
              This could happen if you configure your apex.home to be in a temporary location that is cleaned up upon reboot or some time before )as the APEX Listener reads the configfile at startup it can happen it's still working while the file has already been deleted).
              Otherwhise, once you've configured the APEX Listener and the service accordingly, there is no need for a manual start.
              Anyway, the APEX Listener in Standalone Mode is not intented to be used for productive deployments. It's highly recommended to use a "real" JEE Server for that purpose.

-Udo