1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 14, 2011 12:08 PM by fac586 RSS

how to resize photo's in an oracle apex report?

Rick66
      Hello,

I am new to apex. I did created an interactive report with photo in it. My problem is the size of the photo (BLOB) in the report.

I want to know if it is possible to resize it in the report to get a good layout display.

My second question is:

My report layout is:

name function manager
      John clerck David
      Henry salesman Pete
      Sam salesman Peter

I am using a template. Is it possible to have this layout vertically:

name John
      Function Cleck
      Manager David

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: how to resize photo's in an oracle apex report?
          fac586
          839059 wrote:
          Hello,

I am new to apex.
          Welcome to the forum: please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already), and update your profile with a real handle instead of "839059".

You'll get a faster, more effective response to your questions by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
          <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
          <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
          <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
          <li>Theme
          <li>Template(s)
          <li>Region/item type(s)

With APEX we're fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
          I did created an interactive report with photo in it. My problem is the size of the photo (BLOB) in the report.

I want to know if it is possible to resize it in the report to get a good layout display.
          See +{thread:id=2228036}+ for discussion of a convenient technique for standardizing the dimensions of differently sized images for display in reports, where those images are already optimized for this purpose. It is NOT appropriate to use it to scale randomly uploaded megapixel images: proper thumbnails and/or preview images should be generated when images are uploaded.
          My second question is:
          On these forums we prefer to stick to one question per thread to avoid confusion.
          My report layout is:

name function manager
          John clerck David
          Henry salesman Pete
          Sam salesman Peter

I am using a template. Is it possible to have this layout vertically:

name John
          Function Cleck
          Manager David
          Is this even the same report as the "interactive report with photo in it" above? If we're using real APEX terminology here, then it isn't as interactive reports don't have templates. If this second question refers to a completely different report then please start a separate thread for this question.