3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 6:00 AM by 894449 RSS

Oracle Beehive Installation Failed

I am trying to install Oracle Beehive mail server on a 32-bit RHEL 5 box with 4GB RAM and 200GB HDD. The database is installed in a separate windos XP box with 3GB RAM. There is no firewall between the two, and the two machines can pretty much talk with each other.

I also have the latest JDK () installed in my machine - java version "1.6.0_27" There is nothing else on the machine its just a clean box with all RPMs suggested by oracle installed.

While I was performing the installation with steps mentioned in the documentation site, i encountered the problem in the configuration of "Base platform support configuration" and all further steps were skipped. the error that I could gather from the logs are as foollows:

Log file locaton -- /home/mfadmin/oracle/product/2.0.1.0.0/beehive_7/beehive/logs/beeStart.log.11140
      ===============================================
      Logfile beeStart.log.11140 created at Thu Dec 15 11:14:00 2011
      =================================================
      Preparing OWSM install.properties...
      Running Application Server Configuration Assistant...
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/sysman/ias/studio/installer/ASControlConfigAssistant

ERROR: Application Server Configuration Assistant has failed! Exiting...

Please see /home/mfadmin/oracle/product/2.0.1.0.0/beehive_7/beehive/logs/beeStart.log.11140 for more details

What is the cause for this reason and how do i resolve it. Help to enable debug mode which could give more details is also apreciated.
        • 1. Re: Oracle Beehive Installation Failed
          David White
          Hi Anoop,

- I've done a few Beehive installs in the past, and I never installed a separate java engine. Is this now in the pre reqs?
          - Did you apply all the database patches prior to running the Beehive installer? there are at least 6 of them I think
          - I suggest you clean up your install path a bit, looks like you ran the installer 7 times and don't put the version number in the path, it gets confusing especially as Beehive does inplace upgrades.
          - I your database drop the BEE* schemas and tablespaces

hth

David
          • 2. Re: Oracle Beehive Installation Failed
            Thanks for the response. the DB is managed by a separate team and they say, the DB is installed with latest patches. Another reason to believe them, is there is another instance of the Oracle beehive which is running connecting to another DB and that works just fine.. I am doubting if I have missed some thing..

* JDK is not a prerequisite i have installed it for a separate reason. I also have cleared the previous instalations and deleted the schema as per your suggestion. No luch still
            • 3. Re: Oracle Beehive Installation Failed
              I have some more log statements which might help in suggesting a solution.. here they are ----

Logfile beeStart.log.165811 created at Wed Jan  4 16:58:11 2012
              +=================================================+
              Preparing OWSM install.properties...
              Running Application Server Configuration Assistant...
              Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/sysman/ias/studio/installer/ASControlConfigAssistant

ERROR: Application Server Configuration Assistant has failed! Exiting...

Looking forward for some assistance..