This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2011 6:04 PM by winnie.hu RSS

Error when installing Oracle Mobile server - No APP server found

905853 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have problem.
I have installed oracle database 11g then oracle web logic and now I want to install oracle mobile server. As I need those for installing oracle mobile server as far as I understood.
Problem is when I want to install Oracle mobile server I get error that no app server is located in oracle_home. which folder I need to select to install this program?

Please help,
Denonth
  • 1. Re: Error when installing Oracle Mobile server - No APP server found
    winnie.hu Newbie
    Hi,

Regarding with the 11g Mobile Server installation, I would recommend you to get started with the Installation Guide (http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E22663_01/index.htm).

Make sure to specify WLS_HOME as the ORACLE_HOME during the installation, the WLS_HOME is the home folder of the WebLogic server installation.

Winnie Hu
    Oracle Berkeley DB and Oracle Mobile Server Development
    winnie.hu at oracle dot com
  • 2. Re: Error when installing Oracle Mobile server - No APP server found
    905853 Newbie
    Hi Winnie,
    Thank's for your reply, I have managed to start oracle mobile server and install it. Problem is when I want to install repositroy for mobile server.
    I get to the screen where I need to enter MOBILEADMIN password, I have tried everything but it always says enter password again.
    Can you or anyone please help?
  • 3. Re: Error when installing Oracle Mobile server - No APP server found
    winnie.hu Newbie
    Hi Denonth,

Glad to hear you could start installing Mobile Server. For the current problem, did you receive any ORA-xxxx kind of error code and followed with a piece of error message?

Please follow below steps to check your oracle database connection:
    1. The JDBC.URL to the oracle database is correct, but I think you have already passed the previous page where you have already input password for SYSTEM user, that means the JDBC.URL is correct. If that's the case, then ignore this step.
    2. In the oracle database, confirm there is no MOBILEADMIN schema (or you can also call it user) present before, if yes, you need to run "drop user MOBILEADMIN cascade" first.
    Note: When I recommend you drop MOBILEADMIN, I assume your are installing Mobile Server on your experiment environment. If it's production environment, then be careful and consult your Administrator before you drop any schema/user.

If you still run into problem with installation, please send me an email with the problematic installation page and it's previous 2-3 pages. My email address is: Email: winnie dot hu at oracle dot com

Regards,
    Winnie

Edited by: winnie.hu on Dec 18, 2011 6:04 PM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points