7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 8:10 PM by Todd Little-Oracle RSS

Tuxedo client ULOG

Does Tuxedo client write to its ULOG only when Tuxedo client encounters system error, such as system internal -12 ("no entry" error is not included)? Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Tuxedo client ULOG
          Does anyone else know that?
          • 2. Re: Tuxedo client ULOG
            user878
            Yes it does write if your environment variables like ULOGPFX are configured correctly.

-Tariq
            • 3. Re: Tuxedo client ULOG
              Thanks.

I found that it will write to log only when there is any error occurred. In other words, the log is empty if there is not any error occurred. Right?
              • 4. Re: Tuxedo client ULOG
                MBriz
                Hello Bill,

You can try export the enviroment variable TMTRACE in the client side "export TMTRACE=on"

Regards
                • 5. Re: Tuxedo client ULOG
                  What does TMTRACE parameter mean? Only for tuxedo client? Where can I find the meaning of TMTRACE?
                  • 6. Re: Tuxedo client ULOG
                    What does TMTRACE parameter mean? Only for tuxedo client? Where can I find the meaning of TMTRACE?
                    • 7. Re: Tuxedo client ULOG
                      Todd Little-Oracle
                      Hi Bill,

The Tuxedo user log (usually ULOG.mmddy) contains various messages depending upon whether you are on a server system or a client only system. In the server case, many messages are often written to the ULOG including starting and stopping servers, most types of severe failures, etc. On the client side, very little is written to the ULOG as Tuxedo isn't in control of a client process. Thus about the only thing that shows up in the ULOG will be messages written by the application using the userlog() function. TPESYSTEM errors I also believe will show up in the client ULOG as we're trying to make sure anything TPESYSTEM is returned from a Tuxedo API call that something is written in the ULOG providing more details about what may have happened as generally TPESYSTEM errors shouldn't occur. Most other errors are not written to the ULOG unless the application code notices the error return and writes the information to the ULOG with userlog().

Regards,
                      Todd Little
                      Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect