2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 12:39 AM by 914954

Unable to access to FDM Web Client Logon page

Hi

I am using FDM 11.1.2.1.

The workbench is ok. I can load data with batch processing too.
      But when I try to open FDM Web client via IE, I have the following error message :

Application Error
      Description: An exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please contact the administrator to review the stack trace in the event log for more information about the error.

Source:
      http://hyperion.corp.mediapost.fr/HyperionFDM/AuthorizedPages/LogonPage.aspx?ReturnUrl=/HyperionFDM/default.aspx

In event viewer, I can see this error on FDM :

Application Error
      Description: An exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please contact the administrator to review the stack trace in the event log for more information about the error.

Source:
      http://hyperion.corp.mediapost.fr/HyperionFDM/AuthorizedPages/LogonPage.aspx?ReturnUrl=/HyperionFDM/default.aspx

Exception Details:
      Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00000535-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} failed due to the following error: 800703fa.

Stack Trace:
      at Hyperion.FDM.Classes.LanguageTranslator.LookupPreferredLanguageId(ArrayList listLanguages)
      at Hyperion.FDM.Pages.BasePage.OnInit(EventArgs e)
      at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at Hyperion.FDM.Classes.LanguageTranslator.LookupPreferredLanguageId(ArrayList listLanguages)
      at Hyperion.FDM.Pages.BasePage.OnInit(EventArgs e)
      at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
      at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Fanny
        • 1. Re: Unable to access to FDM Web Client Logon page
          JeffJon
          Can you access FDM using http://localhost/HyperionFDM on the web server itself?
          • 2. Re: Unable to access to FDM Web Client Logon page
            We have faced a similar issue , Oracle have recommended to install the following process to fix this issue ..

Steps involved :
            Necessary roles for FDM Web on Windows 2008

The first step is to launch the Windows 2008 Server Manager as Shown. Click the "Add Roles" link.
            The first role necessary for the FDM Web Server to function is the Application Server Role
            Selecting this role returns a message box alerting you that additional features are required for installation of the role. Click the Add Required Features Button.
            The second required role is the Web Server (IIS) Role which installs the IIS components.
            The next screen is an Introduction to the Application Server Role. Click Next to continue.
            The Application Server Foundation is selected by default. The Web Server (IIS) Support Role Service is also required.
            Choose to add the Required Role Services
            The next screen is an Introduction to the Web Server (IIS) Role. Click Next.
            All default selected options should be checked along with the "IIS 6 Management Compatibility" option which will install the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility required for FDM.
            Review all selected options and click "Install" to install the components.
            Installation is Successful. Click Close to finish.