1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 5, 2012 2:26 AM by user9252465 RSS

MapViewer error with Navteq data

user9252465
      Hi,

I have used the Navteq World_Sample data in OBIEE 11g and having some problems.

In the mapviewer console I can see the world map clearly and can zoom in etc.
      From the DW I have created a table which is country_name against sale_amount to try and overlay these results on a map.

From the manage maps section in Answers I have configured the "layer" M_COUNTRIES with the country_name from my DW table as the BI key and then in "background maps" I have selected the world map.

However when I create a simple Analysis i.e. country_name against sale_amount and then create new map view then I am seeing the following error:

Oracle Fusion Middleware Mapviewer encountered the following errors
      [MVThemeBasedFOIControl.foiLoaded] MAPVIEWER-05523: Cannot process response from MapViewer server. (MAPVIEWER-06009: Error processing an FOI request.
      Root cause:FOIServlet:Missing IN or OUT parameter at index:: 1)

I cannot find much information with regards to resolving this error so I can see my data on the map.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: MapViewer error with Navteq data
          user9252465
          This question has been solved!

Basically you need to ensure the database schema where the data source (Navteq) has been imported must have the privilege "Create Type"

This comes from the Oracle manual extract as shown below:

1.4.4.3 Creating MapViewer Array Types, if Necessary
          For each database schema that it connects to, MapViewer checks for the existence of
          the following SQL array types that support array-type binding variables that might
          exist in some predefined themes:
          ■ MV_STRINGLIST
          ■ MV_NUMBERLIST
          ■ MV_DATELIST
          If these types do not exist, MapViewer attempts to create them in the database schema
          associated with the MapViewer data source. However, if the user associated with that
          schema does not have sufficient privileges to create new types, a privileged user must
          create the types by connecting to the data source schema and entering the following
          statements:
          CREATE or REPLACE type MV_STRINGLIST as TABLE of VARCHAR2(1000);
          CREATE or REPLACE type MV_NUMBERLIST as TABLE of NUMBER;
          CREATE or REPLACE type MV_DATELIST as TABLE of DATE;

Cheers.