This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 8:41 AM by 836014 RSS

can I delegate a zpool to a non-global zone?

User312610 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I see I can delegate/assign a zfs dataset or a zfs volume to a zone using zonecfg. I want to know if it is supported to delegate an entire zpool. I have done it and it works, but is it supported. I seem to have problems with lucreate when I do this.
  • 1. Re: can I delegate a zpool to a non-global zone?
    mgerdts - oracle Explorer
    I'm not familiar with the lucreate problems you are having. You are most likely to find people that know more about lucreate in the Installation or perhaps General Solaris 10 Discussion forums. I'm not aware of any reason that delegating a zpool is unsupported in Solaris 10. I suspect you will get the definitive answer for that by opening a support call regarding your lucreate problem.

In Solaris 11, it is supported to delegate a zpool using "add dataset" and there are no known bad interactions with beadm, the live upgrade replacement.
  • 2. Re: can I delegate a zpool to a non-global zone?
    836014 Journeyer
    correction : zone functionality is not affected due to this.

----------

I have Oracle Ops Center creating local zones with zpool on global zone running with UFS. So, it is supported.

Only problem I have seen is, whenever I reboot the host zpool gives warning, which can be cleared with zpool clear. Zone functionality is affected due to this.

Edited by: Soorya on Jan 3, 2012 7:02 AM

Edited by: Soorya on Jan 3, 2012 8:40 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points