6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2011 8:02 AM by Mia_Urman

FRM-40039 Cannot attach liabrary

Tony007
      hi when i run my oracle form application am geting frm-40039 cannot attach libarary but when i check in the directory the libraries is there and i try to give read and write permission am in oracle forms 10g
        • 1. Re: FRM-40039 Cannot attach liabrary
          Lokanath Giri
          There should be a registry entry where the libraries files available
          If your libraries are in folder D:\library, make an entry in FORMS_PATH
          FORMS_PATH=D:\library 
          • 2. Re: FRM-40039 Cannot attach liabrary
            Mia_Urman
            You need to check in your env file (the default is default.env) found in <ORACLE_HOME>\forms\server
            In this file there is the FORMS_PATH evironment variable where forms on the web looks for the relevant libraries.

Mia
            • 3. Re: FRM-40039 Cannot attach liabrary
              Tony007
              where is the registry entry type regedit in my cmd and go to software>oracle>KeyDevSuite there is FORMS_PATH WITH my form directory C:\forms but am still geting error

Edited by: user603350 on 2011/12/26 10:39 AM
              • 4. Re: FRM-40039 Cannot attach liabrary
                Tony007
                hi this is my default.env
                # $Id: default.env 14-apr-2005.13:22:43 pkuhn Exp $
                # default.env - default Forms environment file, Windows version
                #
                # This file is used to set the Forms runtime environment parameters.
                # If a parameter is not defined here, the value in the Windows registry
                # will be used. If no value is found in the registry, the value used will
                # be that defined in the environment in which the servlet engine (OC4J
                # or JServ) was started.
                #
                # NOTES
                # 1/ The Forms installation process should replace all occurrences of
                # <percent>FORMS_ORACLE_HOME<percent> with the correct ORACLE_HOME
                # setting, and all occurrences of <percent>O_JDK_HOME<percent> with
                # the location of the JDK (usually $ORACLE_HOME/jdk).
                # Please make these changes manually if not.
                # 2/ Some of the variables below may need to be changed to suite your needs.
                # Please refer to the Forms documentation for details.
                #
                ORACLE_HOME=C:\DevSuiteHome_1

#
                # Search path for Forms applications (.fmx files, PL/SQL libraries)
                # If you need to include more than one directory, they should be semi-colon
                # separated (e.g. c:\test\dir1;c:\test\dir2)
                #
                FORMS_PATH=p:\forms;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms;C:\work\forms;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\server;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms

# webutil config file path
                WEBUTIL_CONFIG=C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\server\webutil.cfg

# Disable/remove this variable if end-users need access to the query-where
                # functionality which potentially allows them to enter arbitrary SQL
                # statements when in enter-query mode.
                FORMS_RESTRICT_ENTER_QUERY=TRUE

#
                # The PATH setting is required in order to pick up the JVM (jvm.dll).
                # The Forms runtime executable and dll's are assumed to be in
                # C:\DevSuiteHome_1\bin if they are not in the PATH.
                # In addition, if you are running Graphics applications, you will need
                # to append the following to the path (where <Graphics Oracle Home> should
                # be replaced with the actual location of your Graphics 6i oracle_home):
                #
                # ;<Graphics Oracle Home>\bin;<Graphics Oracle Home>\jdk\bin
                #

PATH=C:\DevSuiteHome_1\bin;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jdk\jre\bin\client;C:\work\forms;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\server
                UI_ICON=C:\DevSuiteHome_1\reports\plugins\resource;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Templates\Icons\ico-files;C:\work\icons

#
                # Settings for Graphics
                # -------------------------------
                # NOTE: These settings are only needed if Graphics applications
                # are called from Forms applications. In addition, you will need to
                # modify the PATH variable above as described above.
                #

#
                # Please uncomment the following and put the correct 6i
                # oracle_home value to use Graphics applications.
                #
                RACLE_GRAPHICS6I_HOME=C:\DevSuiteHome_1\reports\plugins\resource;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Templates\Icons\ico-files;C:\work\icons

#
                # Search path for Graphics applications
                #
                GRAPHICS60_PATH=C:\DevSuiteHome_1\reports\plugins\resource;C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Templates\Icons\ico-files;C:\work\icons

#
                # Settings for Forms tracing and logging
                # -----------------------------------------------
                # Note: This entry has to be uncommented to enable tracing and
                # logging.

#FORMS_TRACE_PATH=<FORMS_ORACLE_HOME>\forms\server

#
                # System settings
                # ---------------
                # You should not normally need to modify these settings
                #
                FORMS=C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms

#
                # Java class path
                # This is required for the Forms debugger
                # You can append your own Java code here)
                # frmsrv.jar, repository.jar and ldapjclnt10.jar are required for
                # the password expiry feature to work(#2213140).
                #
                CLASSPATH=C:\DevSuiteHome_1\j2ee\OC4J_BI_Forms\applications\formsapp\formsweb\WEB-INF\lib\frmsrv.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\repository.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\ldapjclnt10.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\debugger.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\ewt3.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\share.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\utj.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\jlib\zrclient.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\reports\jlib\rwrun.jar;C:\DevSuiteHome_1\forms\java\frmwebutil.jar
                • 5. Re: FRM-40039 Cannot attach liabrary
                  Tony007
                  its done put C:\forms in form_path
                  • 6. Re: FRM-40039 Cannot attach liabrary
                    Mia_Urman
                    Glad the issue was resolved.
                    :)

If we were helpfull please let Oracle know by clicking the helpfull button.
                    Thanks