5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2011 1:52 PM by orafad

IMPDP-Problem with Oracle 11g XE

j.sieben
      Hi,
      I'm trying to import a dump file from an Oracle 11g R2 Database into Oracle 11g XE. I set up the directory and everything starts fine. But after a few second, impdp stops with the following error:

C:\Users\Administrator>impdp system directory=IMP_DIR dumpfile=exp_full.dmp

Import: Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on Di Dez 27 11:27:33 2011

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
      Password:

Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production

UDI-31626: operation generated ORACLE error 31626
      ORA-31626: job does not exist
      ORA-39086: cannot retrieve job information
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DATAPUMP", line 3326
      ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DATAPUMP", line 4551
      ORA-06512: at line 1

Has anybody seen this before or anybody able to help me out? I tried connecting as SYS, SYSTEM and also tried full imports or only certain schema imports, all with no luck.

Best regards,

Jürgen
        • 1. Re: IMPDP-Problem with Oracle 11g XE
          Nadeem M
          Seems you have taken full export. I suggest you using full=y while import.
          • 2. Re: IMPDP-Problem with Oracle 11g XE
            orafad
            Edition and version (full version in five postitions please, not marketing label) of export source database?

Does the impdp session output anything else? What does the last lines from the output log say, other than what's posted above?

What happens if you export and import specific schema only?

Also:
            impdp help=y

Lookup the description for EXCLUDE parameter.

Edited by: orafad on Dec 27, 2011 1:10 PM
            • 3. Re: IMPDP-Problem with Oracle 11g XE
              j.sieben
              Hi orafad,

the full version string of the export database is 11.2.0.1.0. on Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS

No the impdp simply does nothing for some two minutes and then breaks with the error message mentioned.

From what I can see, there's no difference at all when trying to import a specific schema only or the full database.

Within the log file, I find the following additional information:

;;;
              Import: Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production on Di Dez 27 13:52:23 2011

Copyright (c) 1982, 2009, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
              ;;;
              Connected to: Oracle Database 11g Express Edition Release 11.2.0.2.0 - Production
              Master table "SYS"."SYS_IMPORT_SCHEMA_01" successfully loaded/unloaded
              Starting "SYS"."SYS_IMPORT_SCHEMA_01": /******** AS SYSDBA schemas=KISMON directory=imp_dir dumpfile=exp_full.dmp
              ORA-39097: Data Pump job encountered unexpected error -30094
              ORA-39065: unexpected master process exception in DISPATCH
              ORA-30094: failed to find the time zone data file for version 11 in $ORACLE_HOME/oracore/zoneinfo

As I read in another post, I made sure that the files are available in version 14:

SQL> select *
              2 from v$timezone_file;

FILENAME VERSION
              -------------------- ----------
              timezlrg_14.dat 14

and the file mentioned is available in the folder specified.

Does this help?
              • 4. Re: IMPDP-Problem with Oracle 11g XE
                j.sieben
                Hi orafad,
                thanks for your input, you brought me on the right track: In the installation of Oracle XE 11g, there's a timezone file missing. As a shortcut, I simply copied the existing version 14 files and renamed them to version 11 and all works great.

Seems to be a deployment error in the Oracle XE 11g.

Thanks anyway for your help!

Best regards, Jürgen
                • 5. Re: IMPDP-Problem with Oracle 11g XE
                  orafad
                  Nice work. I thought of something missing, but I couldn't remember what exactly.

The "bug" was reported earlier in this thread, however without mention of 31626/39086 errors:
                  {thread:id=2303497}.

Edited by: orafad on Dec 27, 2011 2:50 PM