2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 9:04 AM by user13277662 RSS

MDS misconfiguration and exceptions in SES right after installation

user13277662
      After installing SES, the search works fine, but I do have often in log files MDS related exceptions, like:

oracle.wsm.mds.MDSAccessException: WSM-04509 : cannot initialize the connection to the data store
      Caused By: oracle.mds.config.MDSConfigurationException: MDS-01330: unable to load MDS configuration document
      weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceDeadException: 0:weblogic.common.ResourceException: Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was: Unknown host specified

Also the weblogic console shows critical error at JDBC: Connection Pool Name = null:null:mds-owsm, State = Unhealthy

Obviously the mds-owsm data source is incorrectly set after installation (URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@dbhost.example.com:1521/orcl)

Is the mds-owsm data source necessary? (SES is working fine)
      If not, how can I delete it? (there is no Fusion Middleware Control nor WLST)

If the mds-owsm is necessary, can I configure it to the same SES DB? (the EnterpriseSearchDS data source)

The problem appears right after SES installation and on all of our instances (testing, staging, production).

Thanks,
      Lukas

Edited by: user13277662 on 28.12.2011 3:44