8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 5:38 AM by Mahendra

Buyer Workbench

Mahendra
      Hi,

I created a requisition in oracle purchasing using forms..
      I saved it..went back to buyer workbench...when i tried to query that requisition it is saying not valid number..
      I went back to forms and submitted for approval...after it got approved..i can view that in buyer workbench..

Is this the standard behavior..or did i miss something here??

Please Advise

Mahendra
        • 1. Re: Buyer Workbench
          HrishikeshJ
          Yes, Thats right, you can review only approved requisitions.
          • 2. Re: Buyer Workbench
            Mahendra
            HrishikeshJ wrote:
            Yes, Thats right, you can review only approved requisitions.
            Thanks Hrishikesh

If you know the process of converting RFQ to PO from buyer workbench
            can you detail that too..It will be much help for me..because i don't see a option to do that..
            whenever i created that it is saying open for quoting..and i don't this rfq in forms as well

Thanks Again

Mahendra
            • 3. Re: Buyer Workbench
              Mahendra
              Also i have noticed is that..approved requisition which was created by me..i can't see that through my requisition view.. instead i see that requisition from unassigned requisition view...

but as per the oracle

My Requisitions - This view displays all requisitions assigned to the buyer. Requisitions can be assigned to a particular buyer when the requisition was created.

Unassigned Requisitions - This view displays requisitions that have not been assigned to a sourcing buyer.

So in this case i should see that approved requistion from my requisition..

Strange right??

Mahendra
              • 4. Re: Buyer Workbench
                HrishikeshJ
                Hi,

A PR, if converted to RFQ, must go thru Quating process before it can be converted into a PO.

I guess you are getting confused between requester and buyer...
                If user 'abc' creates a PR, he is called Requester. During Autocreate process PO gets populated with Buyer...
                Check the item setup if buyer is associated with it, else approved req will appear in Unassigned Requisitions View in buyer workbench.

Thanks,
                Hrishikesh
                • 5. Re: Buyer Workbench
                  Mahendra
                  HrishikeshJ wrote:
                  Hi,

A PR, if converted to RFQ, must go thru Quating process before it can be converted into a PO.

I guess you are getting confused between requester and buyer...
                  If user 'abc' creates a PR, he is called Requester. During Autocreate process PO gets populated with Buyer...
                  Check the item setup if buyer is associated with it, else approved req will appear in Unassigned Requisitions View in buyer workbench.

Thanks,
                  Hrishikesh
                  Thanks Hrishikesh

I have checked this even in vision apart from our prodution instance..but i can't see the requisition..
                  Ex Brown, Ms. Casey is the preparer and also in item setup she is the default buyer
                  so created a requistion and it got approved..still i don't see that requisition in buyer workbench..
                  Now i can't see that in unassigned requistions too..and my requisition..

Do we need to do any other additional setup to get this reflected??

Please advise

Thanks
                  Mahendra
                  • 6. Re: Buyer Workbench
                    ynandi
                    Hi Mahender:

We are having the same problem. Requisitions created by Buyer are showing up in the "Unassigned Requisitions" view in Buyer Work Center.

Did you resolve it or report it to Oracle Support ?

Yesh
                    • 7. Re: Buyer Workbench
                      The only action buyer can do on an unapproved requisition is to autocreate that into a core RFQ (not sourcing RFQ). From the HTML BWC, the core RFQs cannot be autocreated (it supports only those documents that are available in HTML UI).

In addition you also need to have the buyer assigned on the requisitions so that it appears in their queue by default.
                      1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Buyer Workbench
                        Mahendra
                        Shivaraj wrote:
                        The only action buyer can do on an unapproved requisition is to autocreate that into a core RFQ (not sourcing RFQ). From the HTML BWC, the core RFQs cannot be autocreated (it supports only those documents that are available in HTML UI).

In addition you also need to have the buyer assigned on the requisitions so that it appears in their queue by default.
                        Thanks Shivaraj.
                        Yes they are now apperaing in buyer workbench..in the view my requistion..if we assign a default buyer..it only appears there..only if the requistition is approved..