6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2012 7:53 AM by 960029

receiving muliple component of a single material

Hi !
      Please help me to find out a solution to receive multiple (100 differnet) components a single item in span of time (say 2 month). I have to receive all materials along with their Excise document and feight details. Finally when all of the components will be received at my end i have to consume it as a single item after assembling at my site. Again supplier will also bill me in the name of single item.

Please help me to find out a solution for this ASAP.

Regards
        • 1. Re: receiving muliple component of a single material
          Is there anybody who can help me out for this issue.
          • 2. Re: receiving muliple component of a single material
            Sanjay Desai EBS
            Hi Saroj,

what I understood is :

PO of Item = A with Quantity = 1 and you receive the various components of Item A in multiple shipments means multiple receipts.
            If my understanding is right then can you explain your requirement again ?

regards
            sanjay
            • 3. Re: receiving muliple component of a single material
              Hi !,

Yes you are right. I am giving you an example,

Item Name: Boiler (Which can't be shipped in one delivery)

SO i raised an po for item Boiler, qty=1.

Now i will receive Boiler component 1 on day 1 of any month
              then boiler component2 in day 5 of any maonth..
              Like this.

After all componenr are received for item boiler, my po should be closed.

Hope now u can understand..

Regards
              • 4. Re: receiving muliple component of a single material
                Sanjay Desai EBS
                Hi ,

I understood your scenario and if you want ro see the receipts of same PO line then you navigate thru

Receiving Transaction Summary Form > Input your PO Number & Line Number > Find

Now, if you requirement is different, let me know.

regards
                sanjay
                • 5. Re: receiving muliple component of a single material
                  Let me make it more clear as,

Item Name: Boiler (Which can't be shipped in one delivery, so supplier ships it in multiple components)

SO i raised an po for item Boiler, qty=1.

Now i will receive Boiler component 1 on day 1 of any month with a receipt no 1 suppose
                  then boiler component2 in day 5 of any month with a receipt no 2 suppose..
                  Like this.

After all componenr are received we assemble all the components and it makes the item boiler,
                  Now i can consider my po have been received and i can close my PO.

So my question is to how i can receive a item in multiple components in mutiple deliveries.

Hope now you can understand.

Regards

Edited by: saroj.dash on 31-Aug-2012 04:57
                  • 6. Re: receiving muliple component of a single material
                    Hi ,
                    I understood your scenario. You can try the following solution.

1. Define your component Items in Item Master .

Component Item 1
                    Component Item2

2. Create PO of Main Item with the component Items as follws :

Line 1: Main Item - Qty :1,
                    Line2: Component Item1 - Qty 1, Price 0 , Invoice Close Tolerance :100% ( as you create Invoice for the Main item Only) .
                    Line3: Component Item2 - Qty 1, Price 0 , Invoice Close Tolerance :100% ( as you create Invoice for the Main item Only) .

3. Approve the PO , and Receive the Component Items when the actual shipemnt Received .

4. After all the shipment of Component Items has been received , shipment status of Component Items will be 'CLOSED'.

5. After Completing the Receiving of the Component Items shipment, Receive your main Item , to ensure your actual Item is fully Received.

6 . Create Invoice with the PO .

Hope this will help.

Best Regards,
                    Shashwata

Edited by: 957026 on Sep 5, 2012 12:43 AM

Edited by: 957026 on Sep 5, 2012 12:52 AM