0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2015 10:23 AM by 348588

code 17401 & oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.unmarshal(T4CTTIoer.java:302)

Hi,

I am using SQLDeveloper Version 3.1.06.82
      to connect to Oracle 10g and 11g on Windows 7 with Java jdk1.7.0_01.

All of these are 64-bit applications

Upon SqlDeveloper startup, every other connection to existing Oracle 10g was fine.
      However when I connect it with Oracle 11g database that I created and configured on the same server myself, I got this error in the stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.unmarshal(T4CTTIoer.java:302)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:442)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:191)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:523)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:193)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CStatement.java:852)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.java:1153)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1275)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeInternal(OracleStatement.java:1890)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.execute(OracleStatement.java:1855)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper.execute(OracleStatementWrapper.java:304)
      at oracle.dbtools.db.DBUtil.hasAccess(DBUtil.java:1794)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.query.QueryUtils.checkNonOracleAccess(QueryUtils.java:483)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.query.QueryUtils.getQuery(QueryUtils.java:322)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.query.QueryUtils.getQuery(QueryUtils.java:227)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.query.ObjectQueries.getQuery(ObjectQueries.java:42)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.xml.XmlObjectFactory.createFolderInstance(XmlObjectFactory.java:47)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.xml.XmlTypeOwnerInstance.listTypeFolders(XmlTypeOwnerInstance.java:74)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.TypeContainerFilter.loadTypeFolders(TypeContainerFilter.java:110)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.ConnectionFilter$1.doWork(ConnectionFilter.java:160)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.navigator.ConnectionFilter$1.doWork(ConnectionFilter.java:104)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTask.call(RaptorTask.java:193)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
      at oracle.dbtools.raptor.backgroundTask.RaptorTaskManager$RaptorFutureTask.run(RaptorTaskManager.java:515)
      at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

In addition, after close the message box by clicking OK, accessing the database to view Talves, Views, etc., will get a message box saying

"An error was encountered performing the requested operation:
      Protocol violation
      Vendor code 17401"

Please help.