2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2012 7:01 AM by Dan V RSS

EPMA 11.1.2.1 Interface Tables Aliases are added as orphans

Dan V
      Hi,
      I am setting up an EPMA shared library through interface tables and my aliases are not being recognized as aliases. EPMA is trying to import them as members and cannot find a hierarchy, so it is adding them to my shared dimensions as orphans.

In my database, I have it set up as follows (for simplicity I will only use 1 dimension (Years) and the alias for that dimension).
      IM_DIMENSION
      LOADID-----C_DIMENSION_NAME-----C_DIMENSION_CLASS_NAME-----C_MEMBER_TABLE_NAME-----C_HIERARCHY_TABLE_NAME
      NULL-----------YEARS-------------------------YEAR-------------------------------------NULL---------------------------------YEARS_VW

C_PROPERTY_ARRAY_TABLE_NAME-----C_DIM_PROPERTY_TABLE_NAME
      YEARS_ALIAS_VW-------------------------------NULL

In my YEARS_VW I have
      LOADID-----PARENT-----CHILD-----ISPRIMARY
      null-------------YEARS--------FY09----- 1
      null-------------YEARS--------FY10----- 1

and i have this for FY09- FY16 (The alias will be the year written out 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, etc)

My alias view looks like this:
      LOADID------PROPERTY------NAME------KEY------VALUE
      null--------------Alias---------------2009-------Default---null
      I have a row for each year 2009-2016

Within EPMA, I created the alias dimension and the years dimension. I associated the alias dimension to the years dimension. I also created the import profile for the years dimension (PROF_YEARS). In the Map Dimensions section I have the dimension Years mapped to the Years shared library and selected replace as the process type. In the mapping options, only the alias column shows up and it is automatically mapped to Alias.

When I run the profile, I get the following errors:
      "Member '2009' will be added but it is an orphan. Please check the Hierarchy Section/Table for member"
      "Member '2010' will be added but it is an orphan. Please check the Hierarchy Section/Table for member"
      "Member '2011' will be added but it is an orphan. Please check the Hierarchy Section/Table for member"
      "Member '2012' will be added but it is an orphan. Please check the Hierarchy Section/Table for member"
      "Member '2013' will be added but it is an orphan. Please check the Hierarchy Section/Table for member"
      "Member '2014' will be added but it is an orphan. Please check the Hierarchy Section/Table for member"
      "Member '2015' will be added but it is an orphan. Please check the Hierarchy Section/Table for member"
      "Member '2016' will be added but it is an orphan. Please check the Hierarchy Section/Table for member"
      (I get this error for each alias that I have)

The members all get added correctly, but the aliases are not being added as aliases, but as orphan members.
      Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Daniel