I am trying to setup Stand Alone Weblogic server on my machine and I am facing some issues. Please help me
Infrastructure - Windows XP , Weblogic 10.3
Task : I have created a sample domain(fm_domain) and created one Managed Server instance ( TEST_UI) and assigned 'localhost' as a machine. I have succesfully completed till here using Configuration wizard and started the Admin server.
Problem : When I am trying to start 'TEST_UI" Managed server using Weblogic Admin Console , I am getting below error.
For server TEST_UI, the Node Manager associated with machine localhost is not reachable.
All of the servers selected are currently in a state which is incompatible with this operation or are not associated with a running Node Manager or you are not authorized to perform the action requested. No action will be performed.
Expectation : I want to start the Managed server without any error/warning and I want to deploy one Fusion ADF application to this and test.
Appreciate your help !!
Thanks in Advance.
1. Do NOT assign any machine to your managed server. For now leave it blank. To use NodeManager and if you have managed servers on remote other machines, you may need to do this. But then the domain creation on this remote machine should be using like unpack command.
2. From Config Wizard, create a Domain. Default it will have AdminServer say at 7001. Add one managed server and just give its name and port number like ms1, 8001. Thats all. Then create a Cluster like myCluster. Move this ms1 under this myCluster. And continue. Basically any managed server(s) should be part of a Cluster and you deploy your applications to the cluster (which deploys to all managed servers).
3. Then startWeblogic will start Admin Server. After it is running, from domain/bin run startManagedWeblogic nameofyourmanagedserver http://adminhost:adminport. It will ask for username/password. Enter same domains credentials. this should start managed server.
From admin console http://host:port/console, you can deploy your apps to this Cluster.
Thanks for reply !!
I am able to start Managed Server now as per your steps using command prompt. But May I know why I am not able to start same Managed server using Admin Console ? Why only I am able to start using command prompt ? what is the difference ?
And also I have another question apart from starting Managed server.
Once domain/Cluster/Managed server created using Configuratiioin wizard , How can I add more Managed servers, clusters using same configuration wizard ?
I tried as below, But I couldn't able to add any new Managed server or cluster to existing domain
ConfigurationWizard->Extend an existing Weblogic Domain->Select a weblogic Domain Directory ( I have selected the newly created domain)-> Then it prompted me two options i) Extend my domain automatically to support the following products .ii) Extend my domain using an existing extension template
I am unsure which option I have to select here.. I am sure not first option because I don't want to my domain to extend to support any of listed supporting products.. because I just want to modify the existing domain here.
I appreciate your response.
Thanks in Advance
Please check the following topics:
1- Did you create and/or boot.properties in your managed server:
2- NodeManager starten
3- Check from Admin Console, if you can start your manage server.
1. NO, you cannot use Config Wizard to add more managed servers or cluster to an existing domain. Config wizard is used to create a new domain or extend an existing domain to add more components like to support more modules (frameworks kind of). Say first you created a simple weblogic domain. You can extend it and add SOA/BPM Components or OBIEE components or say Web Services or something like that.
2. Now to add more managed servers to existing domain, you will use Adminstration Console. Here are some quick links for reference. This is one of the best features of Webogic Server Product, and its ease of use, maintainance, extension and this is the reason why Oracle bought BEA company and made Weblogic Server as their core application server for any oracle product going forward. Anyhow, the below links, should give a starting point.
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15523_01/core.1111/e10064/expand.htm#BABGJFHJ (Adding Additional Managed Servers to a WebLogic Server Domain)
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15523_01/core.1111/e10064/expand.htm (Scaling Your Environment)
3. Now, coming to managed server not starting from NodeManager, you have to look into the log files for the errors and exceptions. As you already observed, when you use startManagedWeblogic command, it will as for username, password. You can avoid this. Under your domain/servers/yourManagedServers/security create a file named boot.properties. If you do not see security folder, you have to create that folder and under that create a boot.properties. In this file add 2 lines like username=plain text user name of domain and password = plain text password. Now run startManagedWeblogic. It will first look into this file, and if data is valid, start the server AND ALSO encrypt these values in this file. So no more haciking. Best thing is under your Domain/servers/adminserver/security/ open the file boot.properties and you will get an idea.
If all your questions are answered, please mark my replies as Answered and for any new questions, you can always open a new topic. Its better to have one topic for one question, instead of one topic having lot of questions.