This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2012 4:10 AM by 423410 RSS

Help!my application can not load oci.dll

909324 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
i have a server with windows 2003 enterprise sp2, oracle 10g was installed on it.now i want to run a .net application,but it's not working,cause oci.dll can not be loaded. then i installed PL/SQL and instant client 11g. but still not working. the error is :"initialization is error, can not load oci.dll.....returned 0". also,i wroted a small application to load oci with win32 api(LoadLibrary) and returned 0 too.
I'm sure there are no 32bit,64bit things. from os to application,32bit was checked. and i changed server but same os ,same oracle, after application and instant client installed,same problems got. so i'm think about is there any conflicts when oracle 10g and odac/instant client work together
  • 1. Re: Help!my application can not load oci.dll
    LaurenzAlbe Journeyer
    If you have Oracle 10 installed on a Windows computer, you have oci.dll.
    If "oci.dll can not be loaded", the problem is not a lack of oci.dll.
    The first thing you should do is uninstall Instant Client and anything else you installed to fix the problem (I don't know what you mean with "install PL/SQL").
    Then check if oci.dll can be loaded, e.g. by starting sqlplus and connecting to a database.
    If that works, oci.dll is fine.
    If your program cannot load oci.dll, something in your setup has a problem.
    Maybe it cannot find oci.dll and you have to tell it where to look.

Yours,
    Laurenz Albe
  • 2. Re: Help!my application can not load oci.dll
    423410 Explorer
    Look at point no 4 in the below article on how to setup rules to debug DLLNotFoundException
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tess/archive/2009/04/29/unable-to-load-dll-dllname-dll-a-dynamic-link-library-dll-initialization-routine-failed-0x8007045a.aspx

Edited by: Sudheendra on Feb 6, 2012 5:39 PM
  • 3. Re: Help!my application can not load oci.dll
    NikolayIvankin Expert
    Wellcome to OTN!

Check your ORACLE_HOME is set properly

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points