1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 9, 2012 11:33 AM by geoff garcia RSS

Search Service for Collaboration 10.3.0 - time out

Vivekvp
      Hello,

I am going into Collaboration Administration and trying to select the Search Service option. But it always times out with a portlet time out. I tried increasing the time out to 5 minutes - same error.

I want to rebuild the search collection.

The only solution I have is to turn off the search service and restart it.

PT spy shows nothing. The Search Service Wrapper log just shows pings - sent and received.

Process Explorer and Task Manager show no cpu usage. And I am not very good with SQL Server Profiler.

I am trying to figure - what is causing the time out - db table look up, waiting for a process on the server?

Or can someone explain to me what the Search Service does. Before 10.3.0 I think it was integrated with the search.

Thanks,

V
        • 1. Re: Search Service for Collaboration 10.3.0 - time out
          geoff garcia
          Vivekvp wrote:
          Or can someone explain to me what the Search Service does. Before 10.3.0 I think it was integrated with the search.
          The Collab Admin: Search Service page has a button that allows you to rebuild your search collection.
          It shows you the uptime, your install directory, the number of objects indexed and the number pending index requests.

"A rebuild resubmits every item in the database to the Search Service. This procedure is useful in two situations. It can be used to load all data in the database into an empty, freshly installed Search Service. It can also be used to replace the contents of an existing search collection in the unlikely event that it has become corrupted. Note: This operation can be lengthy and computationally expensive and should only be performed if necessary. "

Wish I could be of more help.

Our index has 25.2k files and it took about 5 seconds for the page to load for me - I thought it might timeout too!
          Best of luck.
          Geoff